• Tagged users None
SodaLicious

SodaLicious

anyone have a Norfolk pine experience? Mine is starting to die on one branch
Norfolk pine indoors

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think the relative humidity in the house is too low. I've never done well with any conifer indoors unless they go in and out, in and out, in and out (that's what a hamburger's all about).

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

Thanks seamaiden. You are probably right. I'm at 20% humidity in my home. Nothing I do raises it. Log house. Should I mist it and how often?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good Lord, 20%? I think a humidifier would be in order, you can't mist often enough.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

Good Lord, 20%? I think a humidifier would be in order, you can't mist often enough.
So misting isn't practical? I could put a small humidifier near it. I also have a rubber plant or ficus it's also called. Started dropping leaves a month ago. Dropped about 60% I'd say. Seems to have stopped for now.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah, I can't claim to be an expert on pines or anything, but I've tried a FEW times to do living Christmas trees, and it doesn't matter how much you water. If the RH in the house is low (and it was low even in SoCal with minimal heating) then they just don't like it. I've never really had problems with my Ficus benjaminas, never kept a rubber ficus. I have discovered, though, that houseplants appreciate a good flushing to rid the salts and build up from tap water, so maybe your rubber tree would, too.

Top Bottom