Normal for Flushing Period or am I dealing with another issue at the finish line?

• Thread starter kuruption50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kuruption50

Banana Punch in her 8th week. Online Info says 8 week flowering so I'm assuming I'm right at the finish line. I started my flush 7 days ago with keeping my same watering schedule but with no nutrients, just plain water. The main top cola and branches off that stem have yellowed and curled significantly faster than the rest of the plant. One bud is feeling dry and looking a little brown on just the top. I inspected for bud rot and found none inside the buds where it is all still green and moist. None of the yellowed/brown leaves pull off easily so I don't expect it to be bud rot. Thoughts from some of the more experienced growers on what exactly I'm dealing with here? Normal for flushed ready to harvest or something else.

Thanks in advance.

Banana Punch
Normal for flushing period or am i dealing with another issue at the finish line

Top Cola
Normal for flushing period or am i dealing with another issue at the finish line 2

Buds Below Top Cola
Normal for flushing period or am i dealing with another issue at the finish line 3

Normal for flushing period or am i dealing with another issue at the finish line 4

Normal for flushing period or am i dealing with another issue at the finish line 5
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Banana Punch in her 8th week. Online Info says 8 week flowering so I'm assuming I'm right at the finish line. I started my flush 7 days ago with keeping my same watering schedule but with no nutrients, just plain water. The main top cola and branches off that stem have yellowed and curled significantly faster than the rest of the plant. One bud is feeling dry and looking a little brown on just the top. I inspected for bud rot and found none inside the buds where it is all still green and moist. None of the yellowed/brown leaves pull off easily so I don't expect it to be bud rot. Thoughts from some of the more experienced growers on what exactly I'm dealing with here? Normal for flushed ready to harvest or something else.

Thanks in advance.

Banana Punch
View attachment 2049715

Top Cola
View attachment 2049716

Buds Below Top Cola
View attachment 2049717

View attachment 2049718
Them bottom crispy leaves look a bit like the dreaded budrot Do they pull away easy?

H

Halboy

Thanks in advance.

Banana Punch
View attachment 2049715

Top Cola
View attachment 2049716

Buds Below Top Cola
View attachment 2049717

View attachment 2049718
Hello koruption, yellowing bottom leaves suggest lack of nutrients, while yellowing top leaves suggests suggests several possible problems. The whole plant being yellow suggests severe lack of light. Posibbilities are The plants don’t like something about what they’re being fed, the plants are slowly being cooked with too much heat, the plants are regularly under watered or overwatered, they’re not getting enough light.

For watering, soil should be loose enough that excess water runs out of the bottom of your pots. Loose loomy soil guards you from ever overwatering and drowning or partially drowning roots, and allows you to flush if you’ve accidentally over fed them.

Light: as many lumens as you can get without creating hell heat.

Soil: Get a high quality soil like Roots Organics.

Temp: Keep the heat between 70 - 78 degrees.

Humidity: Keep humidity between 60-65 %.

Pot/bag: There’s no benefit to growing marijuana in pots or bags smaller than 5 gallon size. Smaller reduces vital root growth and expansion. Root health equals plant health. Focus on growing big healthy thriving roots, and the plant quality will follow. IMO - halboy

K

kuruption50

No worries mate ya might have just cut the food off a bit early then man you don’t want them leaf’s dying off into your buds I doubled checked and none of the leaves pull off at all. Even the deadest looking leaves will pull the entire branch with it. I'd have to hold the br
Hello koruption, yellowing bottom leaves suggest lack of nutrients, while yellowing top leaves suggests suggests several possible problems. The whole plant being yellow suggests severe lack of light. Posibbilities are The plants don’t like something about what they’re being fed, the plants are slowly being cooked with too much heat, the plants are regularly under watered or overwatered, they’re not getting enough light.

For watering, soil should be loose enough that excess water runs out of the bottom of your pots. Loose loomy soil guards you from ever overwatering and drowning or partially drowning roots, and allows you to flush if you’ve accidentally over fed them.

Pot/bag: There’s no benefit to growing marijuana in pots or bags smaller than 5 gallon size. Smaller reduces vital root growth and expansion. Root health equals plant health. Focus on growing big healthy thriving roots, and the plant quality will

Appreciate all the info! Its an outdoor grow so I'm at the mercy of mother nature for lighting, temperature and humidity. Soil is loose with plenty of perlite so has good drainage. They are in 6 Gallon Pots which I prefer so I can move them to protect from bad weather. I think it's just how the strain reacted to cutting off nutrients, my other plants didn't react the same way. I ended up chopping these specific buds last night and after a wet trim they look amazing!

A

alpha.ganjaguy

it's a heated debate but to my knowledge there is no documented scientific benefit to starving your plant at the end of the cycle. many people will slowly lower how much they feed the last few weeks but no reason to starve it when it's trying to put on it's last bit of weight, it will just lead to reduced harvest

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

it's a heated debate but to my knowledge there is no documented scientific benefit to starving your plant at the end of the cycle. many people will slowly lower how much they feed the last few weeks but no reason to starve it when it's trying to put on it's last bit of weight, it will just lead to reduced harvest
Yeah it very situational. I am a organic grower so I really only flush is I have a problem. Hell I will topdress the lads 2 weeks of my outdoor. Because I will have plant available nutrients for my plants in the spring.
Now with synthetic products you can have a salt build up. That requires flushing to not burn the chit out of your plants.

A

alpha.ganjaguy

Now with synthetic products you can have a salt build up. That requires flushing to not burn the chit out of your plants.
this is not exactly true, if watered and fed properly real flushing is not required and we are not talking about flushing because of a nutrient issue we are discussing flushing at the end of your grow before harvesting.. see the ops post for more info, their plant appears to be cannibalizing itself due to flushing and possibly whatever else was going on prior

B

Bulldogbill91

Hello mate I've only been growing a year and I used to flush my plants at the beginning and my local shop always said flush.. the more I learnt I haven't been flushing any more as one time I had a bit of rot and I just pulled the plant without flushing and it was probably the best tasting bud out of the lot. Went in and see the guy who said to flush who had been growing 25+ years was slowing coming around the idea of flushing is not necessarily as a few mentioned above. I believe the end product it's all in the cure .

3cats

3cats

Pot/bag: There’s no benefit to growing marijuana in pots or bags smaller than 5 gallon size. Smaller reduces vital root growth and expansion. Root health equals plant health. Focus on growing big healthy thriving roots, and the plant quality will follow. IMO - halboy

" There’s no benefit to growing marijuana in pots or bags smaller than 5 gallon size." Say what? I only use 3 gal pots, I've used larger but I prefer 3 gal. 1 gal waters or feeds them, they dry out in 3-4 days at 78f so I can feed / water once a week.

I'll match any you grow indoors in 5 gal with my 3 gal, I can fit 4 in my 3x3 and 8 in my 5x5 although 6 is a better fit. Larger pots take longer to dry back, you need to add more liquid to them 1 3/4 gal to a 5 gal pot, they add to humidity problems with more soil evaporating and they are heavy to lift if you need to check watering needs.

IMG 6056
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter

That pot size line…..wooooo boy. That’s a doozie. It depends on what your application is. Also, I’ve grown some legit monsters in 1 gallon pots. easy tiger, pump the brakes.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

this is not exactly true, if watered and fed properly real flushing is not required and we are not talking about flushing because of a nutrient issue we are discussing flushing at the end of your grow before harvesting.. see the ops post for more info, their plant appears to be cannibalizing itself due to flushing and possibly whatever else was going on prior
I think you misunderstood me. This part is why I rarely use synthetic nutrients. If I can reuse my soil I can't do it. Most of the time beginners always follow the feed charts to the tee. And then they tend to think more is always better. 🙄 so by the time you're in mid to late flower. Stuff like this happens that's what I was thinking it didn't come out right I guess.
When I first started growing in 03 I used straight miracle grow. Yeah talk about salt build up and fried plants 🤣 synthetic is too complicated for me I am set in my lazy ways 😅

A

alpha.ganjaguy

I think you misunderstood me. This part is why I rarely use synthetic nutrients. If I can reuse my soil I can't do it. Most of the time beginners always follow the feed charts to the tee. And then they tend to think more is always better. 🙄 so by the time you're in mid to late flower. Stuff like this happens that's what I was thinking it didn't come out right I guess.
When I first started growing in 03 I used straight miracle grow. Yeah talk about salt build up and fried plants 🤣 synthetic is too complicated for me I am set in my lazy ways 😅
I understood you.. I was just mentioning your reply didn’t really pertain to the ops question about flushing before harvest, lol 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom