Normal plant height - 10th day?

• Thread starter Dance_Instructor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dance_Instructor

Hi,

My friend gifted me the growing equipment and this is my first ever grow.

I have 6 feminized plants in the first box and 5 autos in 2nd box.

First box:
Lighting: Mars Hydro TSW2000 & Viparspectra P2000.
Lighting Height: 76 CM (30 Inch)+ which gives me around 300-370 PPFD in the center of the lights.
Lighting Schedule: 18 On / 6 Off
Humidity - 40-70% (I couldn't stabilize it well yet, I have a humidifier but it has different settings so I'm trying to have 65-80% humidity in the Seedling stage.
Temperature - 20-22C
Seedbank: THSeeds
Soil: Gorilla Soil with Perlite and I added some Coco Coir & Perlite

Second box:
Lighting: Viparspextra XS4000
Lighting Height: 91 CM (36 Inch)± with 35% Dim, which is around 334 PPFD for the center of the lighting.
Lighting Schedule: 20 On / 4 Off
Humidity: 50-70% - the same situation here with the humidifier, couldn't stabilize it well yet.
Temperature - 20-22C
Seedbank: FastBuds & THSeeds
Soil: Gorilla Soil with Perlite and I added some Coco Coir & Perlite

I germinated seeds with a germination box (local grow shops have it). I planted it in the soil with the germination box, right after 1 week from starting germination as the plant grew up.

Today is the 10th day, Im watering them slightly every day. I feel like they are growing slowly and I'm not sure if this is the normal process or if they need something.

So my questions are:

1. Am I doing something wrong?
2. I'm planning to give a small amount of Root Booster after the first leaves will finish growing, is it ok or when is the best time to start giving Root Booster?
3. I've bought Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice (Micro, Bloom, Grow) and going to give the plant half of the required amount in around 2-3 weeks from planting, is it ok?
4. 2 fem plants didn't even grow yet, how long it takes for them to come out from the soil? on average

Autos:
Normal plant height   10th day
Normal plant height   10th day 2
Normal plant height   10th day 3

Fems:

Normal plant height   10th day 4
Normal plant height   10th day 5
Normal plant height   10th day 6

Sorry for the long post, as I'm just starting, want to make sure everything is set up correctly.

Thanks

Trixie

Trixie

If you start in small cups you can better manage the watering. In small cups, you can use a small amount of water. When the plants get a few large leaves you can up pot them into big pots. Good luck.

D

Dance_Instructor

If you start in small cups you can better manage the watering. In small cups, you can use a small amount of water. When the plants get a few large leaves you can up pot them into big pots. Good luck.

I started in small cups and then planted it in a bigger one after in a week. Thanks for the comment, I'll leave plants in small cups on my next grow before it grows few large leaves. Anything to do now? Could be the small size of the plants because of lack of water?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I've never grown autos, but those plants look like they're about 2 days old. These plants were ten days old when the picture was taken:
IMG 7411 1

Photo plants, BTW, should never be planted in an over-sized pot like that. That seems to be for autos only.

What are your watering habits?

D

Dance_Instructor

I've never grown autos, but those plants look like they're about 2 days old. These plants were ten days old when the picture was taken:
View attachment 1330678

Photo plants, BTW, should never be planted in an over-sized pot like that. That seems to be for autos only.
What can I do now to help them grow faster?

Im watering every day right before lights go off, small amount, I would say around 250ml-500ml each plant

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

What can I do now to help them grow faster?

Im watering every day right before lights go off, small amount, I would say around 250ml-500ml each plant
OK, that's bad. With cannabis, watering every day is over watering. You want to water and wet ALL THE SOIL in the pot. Then don't water again until the soil is mostly dry.

Cannabis plant roots like oxygen and water. In soil, when you water you are pushing out oxygen. That's OK, if you let the soil gradually dry and allow oxygen back in. But you are watering around the seedling every day, pushing out oxygen every day. The roots are stunted and will eventually rot and the seedlings will die.

Water correctly, then go and sin no more! It will take at least 5 days for tiny plants like that to need water again in those giant pots, likely more, but it depends on humidity.

D

Dance_Instructor

OK, that's bad. With cannabis, watering every day is over watering. You want to water and wet ALL THE SOIL in the pot. Then don't water again until the soil is mostly dry.

Cannabis plant roots like oxygen and water. In soil, when you water you are pushing out oxygen. That's OK, if you let the soil gradually dry and allow oxygen back in. But you are watering around the seedling every day, pushing out oxygen every day. The roots are stunted and will eventually rot and the seedlings will die.

Water correctly, then go and sin no more! It will take at least 5 days for tiny plants like that to need water again in those giant pots, likely more, but it depends on humidity.
Thanks for the explanation!

As I water with small amounts, every next day when I check the soil is dry on top and that's why I was thinking they need to be watered.

I will stop watering them then, and wait for 3-5 days.

Humidity is around 40-60% in each box.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Thanks for the explanation!

As I water with small amounts, every next day when I check the soil is dry on top and that's why I was thinking they need to be watered.

I will stop watering them then, and wait for 3-5 days.

Humidity is around 40-60% in each box.
IMO, I would wait a couple days then do a nice deep watering to restart your watering cycle correctly. Deep waterings rather than frequent waterings is what you want, as mentioned by mysticpipedon. Trixie is correct. Next time start them in Solo cups to keep the correct water ratios available to your seedling.

There is a method many use to know when it's time to water. Before your next watering pick up the pot and see how it feels weight wise. After you water pick up the pot and note the weight. Doing this will tell you when it's time to water. When the pot is light time to water. Some like to wait until they start to see leaves droop but I don't like to wait that long and, IMO, it stresses the plants out.

Right now your seedling is using the energy the seed has to fuel it's growth but once the root structure develops a little more you're going to see some pretty impressive growth.

D

Dance_Instructor

IMO, I would wait a couple days then do a nice deep watering to restart your watering cycle correctly. Deep waterings rather than frequent waterings is what you want, as mentioned by mysticpipedon. Trixie is correct. Next time start them in Solo cups to keep the correct water ratios available to your seedling.

There is a method many use to know when it's time to water. Before your next watering pick up the pot and see how it feels weight wise. After you water pick up the pot and note the weight. Doing this will tell you when it's time to water. When the pot is light time to water. Some like to wait until they start to see leaves droop but I don't like to wait that long and, IMO, it stresses the plants out.

Right now your seedling is using the energy the seed has to fuel it's growth but once the root structure develops a little more you're going to see some pretty impressive growth.
Got it, will be waiting for the soil to dry out and then do deep watering.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

D

Dance_Instructor

Hello everyone,

As suggested, I stopped watering the plants till now, I'm planning to water them tomorrow morning before lights go off.

One of my plants stem was dropped when I checked it today, looks like this (on screenshot). What happened? I put a stick near it so it will still stand, but I didn't touch or do anything for few days and when I was checking every plant was ok.

and 2nd situation, when I was planting the seeds, I lost one of them, it appeared to be in the soil and now its growing together with second plant :D (2nd screenshot), what to do here?

331678678 1554461538362141 8164409822929601501 n
331397815 883020819629210 6262469763053897633 n
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Try watering a couple hours after lights on. This will give your girls a chance to wake up and get ready to photosynthesize.

Obviously this pertains more to when they are bigger but it's a good idea to get into a sound watering routine. Watering and fertilizing seem to be the 2 biggest newb mistakes.

Top Bottom