Normal? Week and half left until harvest too many yellow leaves?

• Thread starter deadcat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
deadcat

deadcat

Not sure if this is normal, might just be this strain. I've had strains shed but this one is starting to worry me a bit. Gonna be harvesting next Saturday so less than a week and a half left. Starting end flush tomorrow.

5 Gal bucket DWC, 400w HPS, PH good, Nutes good (maybe too much causing this??? don't think so though) LST, Super Cropping, Clipping, all that stuff to make this beast. This was my Mom but I started flowering all the clones after her, they're not as far along. The plant is said to have small/medium yield and bud size in case you're wondering what's going on there.

Shark Attack (White Widow x Super Skunk)
Shark Attack at Attitude Seed Bank

IMG_05743.JPG
IMG_05751.JPG
IMG_05762.JPG
IMG_05773.JPG

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

You don't want to add any nitrogen this close to harvest, so I'd probably just do a carbohydrate flush or two and finish her cleanly with a sweet overtone.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You've got them pretty much where I personally like to get them just prior to flush (or water-only period) and chop. Good work.

deadcat

deadcat

You've got them pretty much where I personally like to get them just prior to flush (or water-only period) and chop. Good work.

Cool, thanks.

You don't want to add any nitrogen this close to harvest, so I'd probably just do a carbohydrate flush or two and finish her cleanly with a sweet overtone.

What is a carbohydrate flush? I couldn't find anything on google about that.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

A carbohydrate flush is when you add a sugar-heavy base to your final waterings. I prefer molasses myself, though there are many techniques. Just avoid using honey, as it's antibiotic and won't penetrate the root cell walls.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
This yellowing is the sign they are using the remaining nutrient they have stored up in the leaves, denoting maturity.

deadcat

deadcat

Cool, thanks guys. Glad everyone agrees this is normal at this stage. This plant is just shedding more than I'm used to. Gonna look into that carb flush now some more.

deadcat

deadcat

just an update guys, did the harvest today. Looks like this was cause by root rot... BAD root rot, was in an ebb and flow system so I couldn't see the roots. when I ripped the stub harvested out of the hydroton it stuck like a dead animal, roots were black.... fuckin gross. the clones are in DWC so I can look and see everything when I want and buds are getting a bit bigger. I think it got the rot near the end (that's when leaves started looking a bit too funky/dying faster than usual) so it didn't affect the yield too much, bud smells great, looks good under microscope too, no funky mold or anything that I can see.

Think the cause was the ebb and flow system had holes too small, and pump too weak so water wasn't being recycled fast enough, I've made the holes bigger and more of them (but was careful not to over do it) and I'll have to get a better GPH pump. We'll see what happens next time, prob stick w/DWC for a while, I think it's much better and easier to maintain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom