Northeast temp issue

Greeting All

I live up in the north east where we just flipped into the fall season. I’m in my third week of flower outdoors. My plant is a bubba kush in a fabric pot and a lot of my leaves are yellowing and the tissue is dying at the ends then falling off. I was wondering if that could be because of the temperature change up here and if I can do anything to possibly keep it warmer.

It's not a temp issue. I live in Vermont, and my plants are fine with the dropping temps. This morning it was 41 F when I woke up. Your plants are going all in on their buds, at the expense of your fan leaves. Normal to have some yellowing of leaves.
Yup, its totally natural for the big fan leaves to turn yellow and eventually die off when your plants are flowering.

The leaves often turn yellow during flowering, especially in Sativa strains. If it happens shortly after going into flowering, it might need a small bump of nitrogen. I usually don't see yellowing until about week 8. On the other hand, too much nitrogen can mask this from happening. It's the plant pulling nutrients and energy from the fan leaves, which is needs to grow large buds and seeds. You will be fine but the addition of a little more nitrogen is a controversial decision. Common trends are to go easy on nitrogen during flowering to keep the chlorophyll levels down to some degree. In growing, everything is about a balance. Like the 3 bears... you want the nutrient levels that are "just right"!
Keep up the good work. The temps won't have much of an effect until you get into the 30s and you might see some purple showing up on the plants and buds. Cold temps tend to do that with some strains.

The leaves often turn yellow during flowering, especially in Sativa strains. If it happens shortly after going into flowering, it might need a small bump of nitrogen. I usually don't see yellowing until about week 8. On the other hand, too much nitrogen can mask this from happening. It's the plant pulling nutrients and energy from the fan leaves, which is needs to grow large buds and seeds. You will be fine but the addition of a little more nitrogen is a controversial decision. Common trends are to go easy on nitrogen during flowering to keep the chlorophyll levels down to some degree. In growing, everything is about a balance. Like the 3 bears... you want the nutrient levels that are "just right"!
Keep up the good work. The temps won't have much of an effect until you get into the 30s and you might see some purple showing up on the plants and buds. Cold temps tend to do that with some strains.
Thank you.

Greeting All

I live up in the north east where we just flipped into the fall season. I’m in my third week of flower outdoors. My plant is a bubba kush in a fabric pot and a lot of my leaves are yellowing and the tissue is dying at the ends then falling off. I was wondering if that could be because of the temperature change up here and if I can do anything to possibly keep it warmer.
If you're only in your third week of flowering and your plants that yellow you might want to consider feeding it ?

I guess I overlooked that this was only the 3rd week of flowering. I normally flower for 10-14 weeks and get yellowing starting around week 8. I have to agree that perhaps they needed a little more nitrogen before they got to this stage. With that said, the plants look good but probably won't fatten up too much if you are getting ready to take them down. A small snack wouldn't hurt things, although it might cause excessive bud structures (but not necessarily more trichomes). You did a pretty good job and gained a little more knowledge... next grow you will avoid the same mistake (and hopefully not replace it with another!) The weather controls most stuff in that area, so you can't go much longer anyhow unless you go indoors. Great Job!

Looks like more of a nutrient and strain issue rather than temp. Probably lacked NPK throughout the cycle and now she’s really fighting to produce flowers. I would top dress with NPK. Yes yellowing leaves is naturally occurring toward fall. But those look way too yellow for the size of buds on there. Is this from seed or clone?

Latest Cannabis Seeds

Strawberry Sorbet
Sold out

Strawberry Sorbet

DNA Genetics
Heirloom Swiss Sativa x Sorbet
Feminized
Limited
$85.00
Sorbet Stash
Sold out

Sorbet Stash