Northern lights

• Thread starter JMed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

when they have stopped getting bigger and stilll have a few days to get to the trich profile uopi want you can cut off the big fans, they should already be turning color by then telling you there lives are done anyway you dig.

pistils coloring for harvesting is when you don't have a scope/30x or better. many times the pistils will be looking rerady , but the trich profile will not concur with what many want.

nothing should get chopped before vast majority of them are milky anyway. though some like that sought of racy less potent high that clear trichs give. it's been know that much of the stuff in the dam is sold that way. it's also why u.s. weed is better overall lol.

obviously you can mix up the trich profile to get more or less of the strains's normal characteristics. so for instance people like sativa's because of the high/up nature of them . so some will take those sat's and wait longer untill some of the trichs go amber;
and do the opposite with couch lock type indica's taking them when most are milky and cut them down.

that's a cool way to vary the effects of your smoke no matter the strain. always take notes for keeper strains so most of the guessing on effects is eliminated the same way dial in info is recorded.

i should be puffing a little something by this time next week. ii won't have much so i'll have to really nurse that shit. pin joints only you dig. yet, at least i'll know it won't be sherm/lovely which i hate and am very sensitive too. if i had a magic wand i'd make there hands explode when using that shit on the plant we love. take care

B

black.lung

sorry hopeful but you got it turned around milky=up high amber = couchlock. unless you said it wrong to make a point?

J

JMed

8 more days till I can actually harvest her! I've been running RO water through her, but I've also been letting her drink everything in the reservoir before putting more in. I don't think I'm really starving her, but do any of you have experience with starving your plants right before harvest? It's not a technique I use, but the less water I have to suck out of the reservoir the easier my cleanup will be, so I'm doing this more out of convenience. I just don't want to damage my flowers.

G

Green Supreme

I let my plants almost dry completely between waterings in the last 2 weeks. Stresses them to put more resin and makes cleanup easier as medium is dry. Rez's worry me, could still be food in there. Peace GS

J

JMed

That's definitely one of the reasons I was letting them drink it down as much as possible. I want all of the food to get sucked up, and I figured starting three weeks out was enough time to let it go clear. They've definitely gotten more frosty and the sun leaves are yellowing now. The bad thing about having such a big plant is that the whole thing isn't ripening evenly, but I'm gonna wait to cut it down together instead of cutting some before hand. I know people that do that, but it seems like it might shock the plant too hard even in the last stages of life.

J

JMed

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas y'all. I decided to cut her down one day early. Pics to come!

J

JMed

This was my Christmas Tree.

This is just the top portion of the plant. Ill take a picture of the full haul once she's dried and cured. Enjoy everyone!

http://i1003.invalid.com/albums/af153/jdmedford/harvest007.jpg

http://i1003.invalid.com/albums/af153/jdmedford/harvest006.jpg

http://i1003.invalid.com/albums/af153/jdmedford/harvest005.jpg

http://i1003.invalid.com/albums/af153/jdmedford/harvest003.jpg

http://i1003.invalid.com/albums/af153/jdmedford/harvest001.jpg

Questions? Comments?

G

Green Supreme

What was the determining factor that told you the plant was done? Enjoy. Peace GS

D

Dubsta

What was the determining factor that told you the plant was done? Enjoy. Peace GS

I was thinking the same thing. You should of let that go longer, theres still a bunch of white hairs, looks like it still had like 2 weeks to go, get yourself a 30x mag to look at the trics. Only way to truly know when to chop. Your yield I bet would of been much higher if u let it go another week or so. Let the bottom nugs catch up. I bet under a mag the tric's arn't amber yet. Or did u use a mag?

Other then that your grow was way killer. I'd love to see that NL flowered out longer before chop. Your next grow will be that much better. Keep it up!

J

JMed

Thanks for the feedback guys. There are definitely too many white hairs on the top buds, but what you guys didn't see was the bottom of the plant. It was over ripe and ready to go. I used a scope and up top was definitely early b/c they were clear. Not really clear, but clear. The bottom varied from milky to opaque, but none were amber. I've always been told that when they are amber, you've waited to long.

G

Green Supreme

Must have been an impatient person that told you that. I mean they don't have to be all amber, but some. If bottom was done, perhaps you should have chopped the bottom branches and left the tops to finish. Never see a plant finish it's bottom first hmmm. Peace GS

ps. don't believe all of what you read. Persona experimentation is where it is at

J

JMed

So the weight is in... 5 jars, 8.17 oz! I know I'm going to lose some weight during the cure, but I'm pretty pleased. GS, you were pretty much spot on with your visual assessment. I'll post some pics when the cure is done and I can post the new weights. Thanks for all of your feedback gentlemen, and I look forward to giving you the next one soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom