Northern Lights

• Thread starter dextr0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dextr0

dextr0

Was gifted like 19 NL seeds awhile back. Threw one in because Ive been itching to grow. Dont have a stable spot but Imma do this. Of course Im using the fertilome soil which is Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss based. I did however get the soil mixed with kelp meal (like always), and rocket fuel. Also added a little Medina Beneficial Microbial Cultures & Activators. Earthworm Castings as usual.

It took 24 or less hrs to pop, then 2 more days to show its head with first leafs.

I have a tea that im making for the initial transplant (or u never know it may come soon its ready). In the mix Ive added some extras not for the plant exactly, but more for the soil.

The mix:

Charcoal, bought from a store diddnt have time to make my own. This is supposed to be the lil microbes home and should hold nutrients and such for when the plants roots are ready. It should also help aerate the soil.

Urine, its mine. I added about a shot glass to around 3 or 4 gallons of rain water.

Rain water, three or four gallons.

Great Big Plants Natural Liquid Compost, a dab. It says it makes a gallon but I dont think I need much in there. Its says derived from poultry compost, kelp, and potassium sulfate.

I feed the compost in 48 hrs. The charcoal will be mixed in the soil I have in another pot that I have been let set for 30 days. NEVER dont that before but I hear it helps.

Now on to pictures:

Northern lights
Northern lights 2
Northern lights 3
Northern lights 4
DJ.s..Blueberry

DJ.s..Blueberry

Bulgarian Moderator
I`m growin now 2 Nothern Lights 1 male and 1 female :passingjoint:
DSCN0640_Copy_.JPG

audius

audius

i got to ask, whats the urin for ? im a bit cornfuzed. i know theres salt in it but whats the purpose?

DJ.s..Blueberry

DJ.s..Blueberry

Bulgarian Moderator
urine has high contents of nitrogen

T

TreFarmer

This will be a fun one Dex!! I like your mix;) sounds delicious for the babies.

TortureKill

TortureKill

Im also curious where the NL seeds came from. Ive given out quite a few 1980s NL seeds. Ive never had the chance to grow any of the ones i have, but theres so out there that came from the original NL strains

DJ.s..Blueberry

DJ.s..Blueberry

Bulgarian Moderator
My seeds are from sensi :)
Thinkin about crossing NL with Blueberry...

dextr0

dextr0

I`m growin now 2 Nothern Lights 1 male and 1 female :passingjoint:
DSCN0640_Copy_.JPG

They look beautiful brother; If I may and its not to much trouble can I ask about the feeding schedule they are getting?:passingjoint::passingjoint:

i got to ask, whats the urine for ? im a bit cornfuzed. i know theres salt in it but whats the purpose?

The purpose is its a full fertilizer (amino acids and all; look it up). Ive seen roses, corn,...really you name it feed only diluted urine and all have flourished. No more wasting free fertilizers. Seamaiden, big shout out to you! You know I love u sister and u showed more cojones then most these dudes in leading my way. (on a side note im sure she would love to share her experience with you if your willing to listen)...Heres more where you can read up...if interested:

Looks good. What type of NL strain is it?

Kolah, nice to see you here brother; I have no idea what kind of NL strain it is. As I said they were all gifted as most my seeds are. I can ask if you like; wouldn't be to pleasurable of an experience and I dont know what kind of answer Ill get; but I have to see the man anyway and let him know his portion for the gifts will be coming soon. Don't like him very much anymore, but I strongly believe in being a man of your word. Stay tuned.

This will be a fun one Dex!! I like your mix;) sounds delicious for the babies.

Thank you man; I always try new things as there is always room for improvements. Remember though you wont find me using Advanced Nutrients or anything...but alot of my information came from companies like that. Actually directly off the website on to further reading and "checking up". So I never down talk them, I just dont use expensive products when I can make my own. And everyone can.

Im also curious where the NL seeds came from. Ive given out quite a few 1980s NL seeds. Ive never had the chance to grow any of the ones i have, but theres so out there that came from the original NL strains

Like stated b4, I cant exactly say. But everything Ive gotten from this guy and others has always been legit. I wish I could say more but that they are from old school growers. Promise to ask though.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update. I did pull the seedling out and ripped off the primary root on accident. Luckily where it ended there were a few "seeking roots" (ones that grow to the side, and shes up and perky this morning. I did add a little Dip'N Grow and a little water to make sure she stays moist in her fragile state. No pun intended. Charcoal was mixed in the soil and later today Ill probably do the other soil she will be transplanted into. The one that's been setting 30 days! Yea mane...grow on people, grow on.

dextr0

dextr0

My seeds are from sensi :)
Thinkin about crossing NL with Blueberry...

Are you a breeder brother; or just feel like chuckin some shit together?

I have a long list of crosses on my wish list to cross...but im scared I dont have enough info on crossing and what to look for.

DJ.s..Blueberry

DJ.s..Blueberry

Bulgarian Moderator
reckon that I have learned a lot on the topic and have some experience to... :)

DJ.s..Blueberry

DJ.s..Blueberry

Bulgarian Moderator
They look beautiful brother; If I may and its not to much trouble can I ask about the feeding schedule they are getting?:passingjoint::passingjoint:

They were first in an old mine soil mix then i transplant them in BioBizz all-mix
from 2-3 days I give them BioGrow and BioBloom before that only with root stimulator(first week also when transplant) and enzimes+ (from 2nd week)

TortureKill

TortureKill

Very nice Dextro, I will be following this one, as I plan to bust out the old school 80s NL seeds Ive been passed down.
There were some NL x Blueberry seeds going around years back, made by Happy Haole. I still have a few left. I found some extremely sticky blueberry Dom plants in the mix. Really sweet phenos reminded me of the Blueberry Plants i grew years ago. Keep us posted on the progress DEXTRO

dextr0

dextr0

Finally I got the leaves growing bigger...was waiting, since I had accidently cut off a whole bunch of taproot and feeders.

Two pictures:
1. The growing baby
2. how close you suckas should have a plant next to CFLS.

DSC03878
DSC03879
J

J3RM

never been a NL fan for some reason but i'd like to have my mind changed! heh

S

Sixth Alchemist

best of luck to you. Did u know that when Uriah decomposes, it breaks down into potassium? so you can get the nitrogen and potassium from your body, u just need phosphorus. What is the charcoal for? Nl are an amazing plant, so beautiful and tasty. Again i hope they give you at least 1lb dry from each...

lazarus718

lazarus718

Urine, its mine. I added about a shot glass to around 3 or 4 gallons of rain water.

Bro, if your plants turn out bomb I know I'm going to be embarrassed by my chick walking into the grow closet at night and seeing me with my leg hiked up pissing on my girls. Loving the experimentation man!

K

kolah

Urine is not my first choice. I have read it should be diluted 10:1 and other state 20:1 (20 parts water to 1 part urine).

A

A.Sherman

Dont piss on yer plants.

Anyone ever tried high quality seeds companies version of northern lights? Are they worth the effort?

Urine is not my first choice. I have read it should be diluted 10:1 and other state 20:1 (20 parts water to 1 part urine).

dextr0

dextr0

never been a NL fan for some reason but i'd like to have my mind changed! heh

Stay tuned is all I can say...maybe I can make u look at it differently.?

best of luck to you. Did u know that when Uriah decomposes, it breaks down into potassium? so you can get the nitrogen and potassium from your body, u just need phosphorus. What is the charcoal for? Nl are an amazing plant, so beautiful and tasty. Again i hope they give you at least 1lb dry from each...

1lb dry would be a blessing and I just dont get those!! On top of that I keep having the wrostest of luck (I know worstest isnt a word; it is here though!) I had my baby at my minimum which is 68w CFL. That broke two days ago. Now I have it using a 24w CFL....I look for my CMH cuz im like fuck it imma go ahead and big boy this bitch....that bulb is gone. No where to be found...ahh story of my life. Thanx for the props and sorry for taking so long to update (everyone), hope yall stay tuned and arent bored.

Bro, if your plants turn out bomb I know I'm going to be embarrassed by my chick walking into the grow closet at night and seeing me with my leg hiked up pissing on my girls. Loving the experimentation man!

Laz, whas up with it brotha? Hope all is well your way. I hear you on the urine. Right now Im running into what I believe to be a nitrogen problem. But with all this extra carbon from the charcoal im thinking I may need more nitrogen. Got a little yellowing. Have you ever looked into Carbon/Nitrogen ratio? It says that at the least it should be 20:1. Anything lower stops mineralization and hence yellowing to the plant. Interesting read for sure if you have time. THANX TO MY BROTHER THC FROM BULGARIA FOR SENDING ME THE LINKS. I know it was a long time ago but I get lost from time to time...."poppa was a rollin stone"

Kolah, Ive read both myself. Im thinking different strokes=different pokes. I mean we all know that some plants like more nutrients period then others...thats why im thinking the discrepancy there. Urine was not in the original plans and to a big point its still not. I just wanted to soak the charcoal in Nitrogen for when the bennies wanted to convert. Its like a big plan in my head and im seeing if it works. Dont worry though; I always have fish hydrolysate and EWC on hand. Thanx for watching.

Dont piss on yer plants.

Anyone ever tried high quality seeds companies version of northern lights? Are they worth the effort?

LOL....I highly doubt laz is gonna directly piss on his plants (u never know though huh!!), good looking out though.

Ive actually never seen anyone grow out any regular NLs...its always crossed. The way I understand is its an old strain that was crossed with damn near everything back in the day just because she was so vigorous and resinous. I myself may have some crosss of it here. I know I didnt answer your question; but neither did anyone else. And me I dont buy seeds. So...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update...

The plants is ok. Tiny as hell; also my daughter got in and pulled half a leaf off! Damn it!...lol oh well.

A little yellowing is taking place; shes also not growing very fast. But shes strong and healthy at least. Got the stem on the bottom thats just trying to push some fucking roots out...I doubt this one will be hard to clone at all. And I for sure need to work on my cloning.

I fed her today, gave some of the fermented whatever the fuck plant I chopped up and fermented. It was just a weed that grew fast as fuck; so I figured I would let it grow big and ferment it. Shes grown a litttle more in the 24 hrs since, but IDK if it was the ferment or it was just time. We will see. Im gonna let her alone two or three days and throw some more in. If the yellowing continues I will use the fish.

Pix tomorrow...I just been busy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom