Nostalgia---good sweet smelling weed. F the skunk

• Thread starter sinse
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Choppr

Choppr

How are they doing so far? Post some pics
Didn't Post Pics cause they ain't nothin to look at yet -lol, they're the 2 left, front middle, middle was a slow starter (low vigor), 2 are at wk 3.2 - (the other 4 are my own crosses, Purple Thai x Tropicana Cookies) all Sativa's in the tall tent! Come Harvest I'll Send you some Pic's @Stokes (now that were legal here I can post more Pic's ) - "Praise Jah"

IMG 5310
Stokes

Stokes

Didn't Post Pics cause they ain't nothin to look at yet -lol, they're the 2 left, front middle, middle was a slow starter (low vigor), 2 are at wk 3.2 - (the other 4 are my own crosses, Purple Thai x Tropicana Cookies) all Sativa's in the tall tent! Come Harvest I'll Send you some Pic's @Stokes (now that were legal here I can post more Pic's ) - "Praise Jah"

I’ll be looking forward to it 👍

You having them tested or you just gonna find out the old fashioned way?

10-16 weeks flowering right?

4HyerLevelz

4HyerLevelz

Thank you for the picture. I spent some time looking up info on the strains..found little tidbits

Created from genetics gifted by Drawoh himself, Hazeman’s Chocolate Thai is Darwoh’s Chocolate Thai 2.5 crossed to a male Chocolate Thai 2.5. Chocolate Thai F3 is easy to grow but will get tall so give her some headroom.

What the heck is F2.5

I am guessing your cross is a new F1. All 4 of your purple thai x tropicana cookies should show the same characteristics. Obviously in different root environments. I hope you post more pictures..this is a grow I can learn from.

Stokes

Stokes

Thank you for the picture. I spent some time looking up info on the strains..found little tidbits

Created from genetics gifted by Drawoh himself, Hazeman’s Chocolate Thai is Darwoh’s Chocolate Thai 2.5 crossed to a male Chocolate Thai 2.5. Chocolate Thai F3 is easy to grow but will get tall so give her some headroom.

What the heck is F2.5

I am guessing your cross is a new F1. All 4 of your purple thai x tropicana cookies should show the same characteristics. Obviously in different root environments. I hope you post more pictures..this is a grow I can learn from.

Im thinking that hazeman worked it all the way to F3’s or F4’s

4HyerLevelz

4HyerLevelz

I am not sure I would like better..F3 or F4. I suppose it depended how much stability I wanted. I am still thinking about the information Sinse posted and the last paragraph. I think the grand slam is not the F1. F1 does not allow for recessive gene expression. Too much to think about...i should just start some seeds.

Choppr

Choppr

I’ll be looking forward to it 👍

You having them tested or you just gonna find out the old fashioned way?

10-16 weeks flowering right?
Yes, Ill be lifting Skirts till I see something I like....I grow mostly Sativa's and I Veg them big to 8-9 wks - so they usually go the full 16-19 wks, I was just testing my latest f1 Crosses (these are topped once & left to grow naturally) so they can be scrutinized, these were crosses of Rocbuds Blueberry Slushy, and In House Genetics Sugarcane to a Sundae Driver Male (Cannarado). 6ft 1" tall (after super-cropping) 16" donks, these went 16 wks...

What the heck is F2.5

Sorry I mis-spoke, I have Hazeman's "Coco Puffs" - Drawohs Chocolate Thai x Chocolate Trip (Clone Only), I was more interested in the "Chocolate Trip", I sampled in Denver but couldn't get seeds or clones...

Harvest 1
Harvest 3
Harvest 4
Choppr

Choppr

@Stokes @4HyerLevelz, the one on the right and far left are the BB Slushy - Same Genetics, different Phenotypes the right plant foxtails w/purple magenta pink buds. Her Sister Far Left normal bud Structure more like the Parent Strains, good old Mendel Laws right there...but that's why we Pheno Hunt the F1's... forgive the trim job(purple sugar leaves left on), its for me and gifting only kept 1 jar, this is pheno#2 that I cloned...pics do her no justice...

IMG 5314
IMG 5315
IMG 5316
Last edited:
4HyerLevelz

4HyerLevelz

Thank you chopper. I am still sorting things in my mind. If I am reading this correctly the middle one is "In House Sugarcane x Sundae Driver" and the edge plants are both "rb slushy x sundae driver". Phenotype 2 is the right plant? I find it interesting that if the right plant and sibling left are from F1 origin that they would show such differences in coloration. Speaking of pictures doing justice. I pulled an 80d with 100mm macro lens out of one of my closet a few days ago. I will never get justice in pictures if I cant figure out what the buttons do. Where is the smell button.

Glassdub

Glassdub

For the record, I have NEVER smelled weed that smells like a skunk, I get the analogy but its WRONG, unless you have a nose that is akin to a tongue that just tastes salty & sweet & nothing in-between, huge personal peeve. BTW I also took that long break & remember when it was rare to not find weed w/o seeds.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Smells like honey literally (I'm from a family of beekeepers), seeds are pricy though, I got a freebee.

B

BudzAldrin

But when you grind your bud, the Pepe Le Pew lingers for HOURS...)

No, it doesn't. Troll thread.

Honey smells like norisoprenoids. There's no norisoprenoid in dollar bills. Weird troll thread.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Honey smells like norisoprenoids. There's no norisoprenoid in dollar bills. Weird troll thread.
Yeah, I thought the dollar bill reference was a weird coke thing no currency smells like weed unless it was packed with some. 😁

4HyerLevelz

4HyerLevelz

Sigh...as a newcomer, i have been active in mainly only in this one thread...my good luck, it is a troll thread?

I am going to have park norisoprenoids until another time, going deep into that subject would certainly delay my starting of seeds

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/norisoprenoid

i am sure some of my dollar bills smelled like weed 45 years ago, it was how i could roll a zig-zag to the best density and shape. I am still determining my line-up. For sure in it is NL#2 IBL, the Ty strain, a Blue Haze..and from this thread I might start looking for seeds for Hazeman Chocolate Thai F4 and Nebula (the description matches the qualities of what an old friend of mine might desire). No guarantees that I will find a true source. I might sneak a 6th seed into the mix. This would leave me two spots for flowering. Preservation of dna could be a challenge and still keep under the 8 plant limit. Especially since the rules for clones, cuttings and micropropgation have yet to be determined by the MnOCM. I could always try creativity. I hope to have seeds in hand within about two weeks to soak. That gives me time to get saturated media extract tests done on the grow media and some grow area rearrangement. I want to thank everyone on this thread...it has been a positive influence for this newbie.

IMG 0006

Last edited:
S

sinse

For the record, I have NEVER smelled weed that smells like a skunk, I get the analogy but its WRONG, unless you have a nose that is akin to a tongue that just tastes salty & sweet & nothing in-between, huge personal peeve. BTW I also took that long break & remember when it was rare to not find weed w/o seeds.

I think our noses get used to the skunk smell pretty quick. I took a 3 week tolerance break and visited a friends house that also smokes. It smelled like a skunk farm. (not something I noticed as much when I was smoking.)

If I break open a bud (almost any strain) in my house, everyone asks why it smells like skunk.---for hours. (again noses that are not used to weed)

I'm here nicely all, not a troll. Just an OG smoker from way back in the day wondering why loud weed is so "in style". For me, I find it to be a real pain in the ass... I'll take some low odor strains and sacrifice a little THC gladly to keep the smell down. Thank god for Durban Poison, Northern Lights and Master Kush-

Last edited:
S

sinse

Yeah, I thought the dollar bill reference was a weird coke thing no currency smells like weed unless it was packed with some. 😁

You guys really dont need to beat me up over the dollar bill thing. I find that american paper money has a sweet honey like smell, it really reminds me of the smell of Northern Lights in flower. Its king of a sweet honey and citrus odor--- hard to explain. This will be the last time I use it as an example though. I guess I'm alone here which is fine.

Not trolling all, I thought this was a good thread. If you go to many of the top seedbanks, many include a section just for Low Odor strains, so I know Im not the only one trying to keep odor down. Last thing, even the strains listed as "lower odor" can still be very loud after curing succesfully. My Northern Lights are very fragrant, but not in a skunky way (slight skunk). They smell like a dollar bill.... sweet, honey perfume smell. (oops I said I wouldnt mention the dollar bill again, I lied)

Herer is a quick list of strains listed as low odor by many seedbanks. I tried White Widow but had to yank it out...It stunk like a skunk in VEG ! none of my low odor strains smelled at all until the very last weeks of flower.... White Widow was a no go for me.

1. Northern Lights (grown 3 times by me--love it !)
2. Master Kush
3. Hindu Kush
4. Green Ninja
5. Durban Poison (grown once by me, love it...)
6. Jack Herer
7. Green Crack
8. Granddaddy purple.. ( Im not sure about this one)
9. BC Mango

Last edited:
S

sinse

Many use "honey and citrus" to describe the smell of Northern Lights, not just me. Try growing it, you'll see what I mean. It smells incredible with very little skunk.

The Dosido's I have on hand now smell like the picture below. He doesnt notice the smell (he's used to it) She sure does. I think this is the difference between a stoner and normal noses. We dont realize how bad we stink.

Pepe le pew filha do criador chuck jones discorda do personagem estar sendo cancelado

Glassdub

Glassdub

You guys really dont need to beat me up over the dollar bill thing. I find that american paper money has a sweet honey like smell, it really reminds me of the smell of Northern Lights in flower. Its king of a sweet honey and citrus odor--- hard to explain. This will be the last time I use it as an example though. I guess I'm alone here which is fine.

Not trolling all, I thought this was a good thread. If you go to many of the top seedbanks, many include a section just for Low Odor strains, so I know Im not the only one trying to keep odor down. Last thing, even the strains listed as "lower odor" can still be very loud after curing succesfully. My Northern Lights are very fragrant, but not in a skunky way (slight skunk). They smell like a dollar bill.... sweet, honey perfume smell. (oops I said I wouldnt mention the dollar bill again, I lied)

Herer is a quick list of strains listed as low odor by many seedbanks. I tried White Widow but had to yank it out...It stunk like a skunk in VEG ! none of my low odor strains smelled at all until the very last weeks of flower.... White Widow was a no go for me.

1. Northern Lights (grown 3 times by me--love it !)
2. Master Kush
3. Hindu Kush
4. Green Ninja
5. Durban Poison (grown once by me, love it...)
6. Jack Herer
7. Green Crack
8. Granddaddy purple.. ( Im not sure about this one)
9. BC Mango

The Durban Poison being sold in most all places is hybrid like Barney's Acapulco Gold, Durban originally was a very thin leaf landrace sativa. IMO maintaining sativas are a PITA, too many tiny leaves to trim, I'm currently growing a closer to landrace Acapulco Gold that someone here gave me seeds, the genetics seem a hair unstable as one plant looks very sativa one hybrid & one a mixed runt, the other three male (as expected).
As I said I don't think any weed truly smells like skunk, I've smelled skunks a plenty grew up on a farm & supposed skunky weed, distinctly different scent, but yeah I get the analogy & don't personally mind the scent of both.

My most sativa AG:

Day 99 AG5 kitchen

dba1954

dba1954

I think our noses get used to the skunk smell pretty quick. I took a 3 week tolerance break and visited a friends house that also smokes. It smelled like a skunk farm. (not something I noticed as much when I was smoking.)

If I break open a bud (almost any strain) in my house, everyone asks why it smells like skunk.---for hours. (again noses that are not used to weed)

I'm here nicely all, not a troll. Just an OG smoker from way back in the day wondering why loud weed is so "in style". For me, I find it to be a real pain in the ass... I'll take some low odor strains and sacrifice a little THC gladly to keep the smell down. Thank god for Durban Poison, Northern Lights and Master Kush-
My wife will NEVER get use to the skunk smell ... lol

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

My wife will NEVER get use to the skunk smell ... lol
LOL my lady also never get used to it, Fido Italian jars Inside a zip inside a beer cooler and the smells find theere way out in some days, after that the smell is around the house even after the jars are empty lol

midgesmith

midgesmith

Hi all,

Im an old guy, smoked back in the 80's took a break for 30 years and am back to smoking a little herb. Ive been around the "new school strains" with you young whipper snappers and I have to tell you, I hate stinky strains. WTF happened to weed? It smells like a nasty skunk, I hate it.

So, WTF is this old crazy F talking about? Smelly weed can be a big problem if your trying to stay low key, (by that I mean not broadcasting that you a stoner)... My friends are always tellimg me my car smells like skunk and I'm carrying small sealed 1/8ths. This is not good if you get pulled over. (even in a legal state)

So, back in the 80's we would get some great sinsemilla from time to time. The smell was sweet like honey and citrus, think of the smell of a dollar bill---very close. The weed smelled delicous and you could carry a 1/2 ounce without anyone knowing. It was very potent as well, I'd bet 15-20 percent. Not quite as strong as some of your skunk strains, but close.

Now I remember when "skunk" hit the streets. It was HUGE and very potent. I hated it back then too, and prefer the nice mellow smelling strains. Is this what happened? Did skunk make its way into many of todays strains? Dammit !

Luckily for me, there is Northern Lights, Master Kush, Durban Poison. (still very stinky after cure but a LOT less skunk smell...) Any other recomendations or am I best off to just stick wth the old classics? (I know there may be some skunk genes in the strains Ive mentioned, but they are much lower in odor than most--even with skunk in the mix.)

(Last thing, yes I have a carbon stash bag and yes it works... But when you grind your bud, the Pepe Le Pew lingers for HOURS...)

This is almost funny to me as I love the skunky smells, despite it making my life more difficult, yet I haven't been able to grow one skunky enough for my tastes yet. I have managed to find and grow sweet and sour smelling strains more readily. Saying that, my wife is always complaining about the skunky smells in my spaces, so perhaps I am noseblind.

I know what you mean about the 80s though. There seemed to be more complexity and a different level of pleasing aromas. I am never sure if it was because my nose was young, more sensitive and weed was new to my senses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom