Not A Very Good Day....

• Thread starter Snookster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Snookster

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to put this post in, and if it isn't please, any MOd. move it.

The US Economy caught up with me today and I was permanentely laid off from my job today. I've been with this company for almost 5 years. BUT....Don't worry, my company stepped up to the plate with a nice severance check, along with the option to close out my stock & 401K if I choose. PLUS...I'm doing OK for the moment with my own $$, BUT.......

What a blow! I've worked since I was 11 yrs. old. My first job was pulling weeds in a Flower Nursery. We had to watch out for snakes! LOL....

Anyways...Don't want to bring your day down, but the reality is everyone of us that has a job, or had one, is suseptible to this. I hope it doesn't happen to you!

Snook

R

Rural_GrowOp

Sorry to hear it bro. Everythings goin to shit right now just stay positive and good things will happen eventually.

C

cway

Damn.. Sorry to hear that Bro.. Happend to me as well..

What line of work if you dont mind me askin?

Please check out my thread.. You have now become a Victim of the Governments War on the The Working Class.. Join our Movement..

I wish you the best Brother..

Peace

I

ismokepot

Sorry to hear it Snook....... I don't expect things to get much better for at least another 12-18 months, depending on what your "industry" is. As for me, I gave up a few years ago and now make a BETTER living growing my favorite plants. It's not for everyone, but for me- I couldn't be happier.

Greyskull

Greyskull

be carefiul pulling money out of the 401k.... you will be taxed and taxed and taxed on it...

sorry to hear your misfortune.

maybe invest in a couple of 1ks and make some money to feed and house yourself that way????

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Really sorry to hear that Snook. Here's to hoping you find something even better. :passingjoint:

mace

mace

Sorry to hear that happen, man. It's good that you share it though, some people aren't taking it as well as you im sure.

2 and a half years ago i started learning about pot so that i had a back up plan. Grow one thing you can grow anything, is what i say. We just might have a culture that will allow you to use your grow talents in the way you want very soon.
www.canorml.com says that our committee votes here in Cali on legalization very soon, already e-mailed my rep.

H

herby

Sorry to hear about the job loss but now you can focus on whats reallly important like growing LOL. Just kidding. I lost my job Last year as well. The good news unemployment is sort of extended forever it seems. Pays the bills and my daughters college so thats good enough and I can focus on whats really important too.

Grab that 401k money, especially if you dont need it and buy gold or silver or a little of both. Take the tax hit, thats nothing compared to the inflation hit we are all about to get. When Bernake said yesterday that the Fed is going to buy treasuries, well, thats the real beginning of the end for the dollar. Basically the fed is buying because noone else will. Im expecting 20% inflation by years end.

E

edelephant

sucks to hear bro.

i got dropped almost a year ago now from my gig at a community organization. are you going to collect unemployment? it isnt your old pay, but it helps you pay the basic bills, they are letting you collect a year i think now, should help out a bit, but fuck them for thinking they can just drop people like that, i bet the bosses still got fat yearly bonuses. fucking dirt bags.

I

ismokepot

Don't buy gold......... Buy gold coins. It's smarter for numerous reasons.

C

cway

Grab that 401k money, especially if you dont need it and buy gold or silver or a little of both. Take the tax hit, thats nothing compared to the inflation hit we are all about to get. When Bernake said yesterday that the Fed is going to buy treasuries, well, thats the real beginning of the end for the dollar. Basically the fed is buying because noone else will. Im expecting 20% inflation by years end.

Excellent Post..Now thats a Informed a Man

hubcap

hubcap

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to put this post in, and if it isn't please, any MOd. move it.

The US Economy caught up with me today and I was permanentely laid off from my job today. I've been with this company for almost 5 years. BUT....Don't worry, my company stepped up to the plate with a nice severance check, along with the option to close out my stock & 401K if I choose. PLUS...I'm doing OK for the moment with my own $$, BUT.......

What a blow! I've worked since I was 11 yrs. old. My first job was pulling weeds in a Flower Nursery. We had to watch out for snakes! LOL....

Anyways...Don't want to bring your day down, but the reality is everyone of us that has a job, or had one, is suseptible to this. I hope it doesn't happen to you!

Snook

very sorry ta hear the news, farmer snookster. but, unlike most, at least you have some dough to fall back onto. 90% of the people out there dont. as far as the 410(k) thats a tuff call. im surprised its still worth anything tbh. ive lost a substantial amt of retirement monies and investments over the past 6 mos too.
looks like ill be working til im 75 too.

something needs to be done

we are hemorraging

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
thats funny about the snakes but think posotive, posotive things will happen remember could always be way worse we can always overcome anything but death

K

kill-9

Yeah it's a real bitch, lots of friends are losing jobs. I'm a Christian man so I go to alot of Men's retreats. It's hard to see brothers going through shit, especially when they have a family. Some won't accept my offer of buying them a hamburger meal, as little as it is. I'm thinking of having a simple potluck bbq where I buy all the meat and they just bring side dishes.

Some of us started collecting food from food banks, the food is still good but very near their expiration date. I started eating the same type of food they did so they wouldn't feel bad. I eat alot, as a typical stoner, so I figure I'm gonna practically swallow the food anyway. But it's kinda funny, I save alot of money chomping up food from the banks but in turn I give it back to my church.

S

Snookster

THANK YOU so very much for all your kind words & concern! This is a great community! I've been in the window & door Industry for the last 19 yrs. Knew "my time" was coming! Heading back home from this cold ass state back to Fla!! My home is there and the weather is warm. I'll still be around....They can't keep a good Irishman down! heheh.....Snook:fighting0087:

P

ProGroWannabe

Hang in there bro! I too left the rat-race, but I left because I wanted to. I got fed-up with all the corporate bullshit. All the big-wigs cashin monster checks while all of us pee-ons tried to keep the lights on in our houses. Fuck em! Your far better off without em, I think.

Like others have said, just drop alot more seeds or get started takin lots of cuts off of those mommas. If you DO decide to "grow your way out of this" (hehe) get started early! Remember, it's gonna take a couple of months to get anything harvestable. Start the seeds or clones right away even if you don't have the room. You can be working on making flower-space for them while their vegging.

Good luck, man!

Top Bottom