As Designed Not always getting alerts for 'watched' threads

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hi guys. I'm still trying to figure out if there's a pattern to this, or what, but there are a few threads that I've posted to and show as being watched, but I'm not getting notifiers to new posts, etc, to these threads. One of the threads is Squiggly's 'If you have chemistry questions' thread in Basic Growing Information. Another is 'Who do you wanna smoke with?' in the Smoker's Lounge.

Watching threads--am I doin' it wrong?

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
People can set there own restrictions. For instance if I post you won't see it due to the security I set. Happy holidays. Hope things get better for ya.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
But I just got a notifier alert that you replied.

??

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you, too! :)

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I was afraid you were gonna say that lol. I still think I'm right so maybe I don't have my settings set or maybe I don't know shit lol. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

7thson

I got an alert for a thread I posted on,but not watched.I don't know if this is normal, as I am new here.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Normally (if we can say that as the new site still feels pretty new to me), if you post in a thread you're automagically signed up to watch it.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

i think it only keeps notifying you if you keep going to it, if you ignore it it seems to go away

619ster

619ster

I notice it will only notify you once when the watched thread is replied to, and posts after that you won't be notified of until you check the thread again. I always get notified of Goo's Cookie thread because like Classic Remix said, I keep going to check it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It seems to be a lot more sporadic than that. There are threads that I'm continually checking in on even if I'm not making more posts that don't notify me. There are other threads that I'm no longer posting in, nor checking, that are giving me notifiers. And since the new software puts a tiny version of your avatar overlapping the thread-starter avatar of any thread you've posted in, I can tell very quickly whether or not I've posted in a thread.

I'm confused, and I think it's the coffee that's been giving me headaches. For at least two weeks now, every God damned day a fucking headache. At least they're not turning into full-blown migraines.

T

TECK

The alerts will pop only when you do some activity that will generate an Ajax call. For example, refreshing a page 20 times in a minute will not show new alerts as they are scheduled to pop every few minutes.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I check in on the site 1x/day, usually in the mornings. I get the notifiers as I'm on the page, but again, I'm not receiving notifiers for all threads I'm watching.

Top Bottom