Not budding-WTF?

• Thread starter username09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

username09

Ok. So I've been in 12/12 for about 4 weeks now and at first it looked like everything was gonna go well but now I am seeing no bud production. I added more lighting and may have plugged it into the constant power supply. My grow area isn't at my home so I only check it every few days. I'm using flora series nutes. Using bloom and alittle micro. If I find out that I don't have a light staying on all day could there be a problem with the nutes? The plant is healthy as hell. Looks great, beautiful really. It's just not producing buds. I'm using a bubble bucket. Everything has been great so far up until now. If I find out the lights were off and all was going well with lighting what could the problem be? Please help. I've got a beautiful bush of a plant and I just want it to produce now. Input would be greatly appreciated.

G

Green Supreme

Maybe she is a long flowering sativa. 4 weeks would be nothing. More info bout your lights would be good. Peace GS

U

username09

Maybe she is a long flowering sativa. 4 weeks would be nothing. More info bout your lights would be good. Peace GS

Using 900w of cfl's. I'm hoping to get thw call tomorrow and they tell me a light has been onthe whole time.

U

username09

well my lighting cycle is fine. I'm hoping this is just a long flowering plant. Could cold temps (50's) slow things down? My grow area is outside and not well insulated. The only heat is from the lights. I'm sure the temps get down low. Could this be slowing things?

B

Buddy Flowers

^ very much so but you would see some wilt inthe leaves. get a digi thermometer and check the temps. surprised you dont have one for an outdoor winter grow.

U

username09

Well I was kinda forced into the shed. I didn't plan on growing there. I'm going to try and build a grow box the next 2 days. It'll be easier to control the temps.

B

Buddy Flowers

either way a 15 dollar digi thermometer/hygrometer is needed to take the guessing out. good luck man

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

yep cold S-L-O-W-S things down dramaticlly!

in fact if you dont believe me take a few cuttings and either wrap the tips in moist paper towel or just sit them in a cup with a little water in the bottom and put them in the fridge. you will be amazed how long those cuts stay healthy thanks to a lower temp. i dont know how long for sure but i have kept them for many weeks maybe up to a month that way and they were still fully green like the day i cut them.

i just had some clones of a genetic i've used many times take almost 3x as long to pop because my new location i decided to clone in was in the low 60's.

the rrock

the rrock

the same thing happened to me I left 3 of my Thaze/skunk x heri outside in cold temps for a few extra weeks and just wouldnt flower they started after 6 weeks of 12/12 ,moved them inside @ 10 weeks . with the extended period they doubled in size and turned bright purple.Now at 18 weeks the buds have exploded ,over 7ft tall and average yield will be over 1lb per plant(this is legendary dreamstate trance weed also)
So you should get a lot better yield with the extra time

U

username09

Still haven't got my box built yet. I've got the wood to build the frame but, I can't decide what size to make it. I'm pretty sure I wanna make it 5-6' tall. If I keep using the smaller 2 gallon buckets i'll build it 5' tall but, I keep thinking about using 5 gallon bucket on the next grow. If I do i'll build it 6' tall.

I also can't decide on the length and width. Either 3x3 or 4x4. If I build it 4x4 i can grow using 5 buckets. I guess I just need to make up my mind. Right now I've got 7 clones in solo cups filled with perlite. Hoping they form a nice root system.

The grow box will be in my garage. I'll use cfl's more than likely. Gonna make a few carbon filters using a diy I found and put it in the grow box to pull air and pump the exhaust into the attic. Intake fan will be a small 85cfm fan. Hopefully I can make up my kind and get thing going.

F

FOUR20

as long as you have a soliddddddd 12 hours of dark, flowering should happen within the plant reagardless of nute run ere morst things altho YES cold will slooooooooow it down....dont you move a little slower when its cold? jaja

R

rollinthc

I dunno, 4 weeks into flower guys? Cold shouldnt do that much to stunt the stages should it? I would check the heights and see if your plants are growing at all, they could have issues, check root formation, in fact check EVERYTHING!

Temps, ph, calibrate everything, Is your bulb new or old? At this point I would go into troubleshoot mode...It just seems to me that thats an awful long time. I have Green C sativa and it flowered in 4-6 days under maybe 71-72 F conditions average. Hmmm Keep us posted.

EDit: Also check the room at dark light s off, Any light leaks? This is extremely important with some (most?) strains. I tiny bit of light leaking can set the plants off into veg again.

Top Bottom