Not Everyone Needs 10 Bottles

• Thread starter Pauly Cicero
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pauly Cicero

Pauly Cicero

Here is a note from Scott, the owner of NFTG, giving a breakdown of what he thinks are the most essential items needed in the line in order of importance.

"This is a little cheat sheet that I came up with for when gardeners tell me that they want to start right off on the pro level. I always discourage the pro level, especially for brand new growers to the line. This list represents each product in the order in which I would add them. But always start off with the simple line or most of the advanced line, then add one product each round to SEE what it does for you and your garden." - Scott D Ostrander

Medusa - Kind of our pseudo base grow formula if you will. Low numbers on the N-P-K, but fully digested and available. The nitrogen in this product is derived from digested feather protein. Very gentle and effective.

Gaia - Would be considered as our base bloom formula. This product is rich in vitamins, calcium phosphate, and trace minerals. Balanced with lot’s of liquid bone meal to aid in the delivery of other nutrients.

Zeus - Essential. Zeus is a concentrated version of liquid Karma except made with all BioAg’s Humics and Fulvics. A catalyst. BioAg’s Humics are bog derived and therefore bio-avaialable to the plant as all as the microbial field.

Herculean Harvest - This is our everything. Bloom enhancement, Calcium Supplement, Salt leaching agent, Flavor enhancement, Flower hardener etc etc etc…. YOU WILL USE LOTS OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Athena’s Aminas - Pure L-Amino acid liquid, 22 L-Aminos designed for cell building and nutrient uptake. Act like a Nitrogen but does not stretch, elongate or stress out the plant.

Demeter’s Destiny - This is a liquid calcium, digested from milk products and we use an organic acid to digest the calcium molecules and the residual chelation materials in the Demeter’s are designed to digest magnesium naturally from coir fiber and peat moss. Great Calcium supplement to go with other nutrition regimens.

Bloom Khaos - Where do I start with this product? You can seen it on You Tube, and all I can say is that when foliar feeding with this be sure to always have adequate levels of liquid bone meal going into the root zone at the same time. Khaos act as a calcium facilitator, a calcium magnet if you will. As a foliar in veg, the khaos and Herculean work together creating tighter flowering sites, more branching and aggressive fruit stacking. Once the plants are in the bloom stage, and you begin to apply it to the root zone, this combination will promote bigger, fuller flowers. One trick the gardeners have figured out is the driving force to gain weight in the fruit is to slowly increase the doses of khaos along with the application rate of the Herculean. The more Herculean we can get to relocate in the fruit, the heavier the fruit will be.

Olympus Up - This is our answer to pH up. We do not like the cheap versions because they are simply a potassium hydroxide that have a tendency to kill microbial life in the soil. We make a liquid calcite lime stone pH adjuster. This serves two major purposes. 1st, the calcium bicarbonate adjust the pH of the solution and adds a desirable form of calcium for nutrient uptake. 2nd, the portion of Olympus that isn’t fully digested is designed to enter the root zone and attach itself to the medium so that when it is being broken down by the microbial field, their waste product, which is often an organic acid, will be buffered by the undigested limestone preventing acid drift in the soil.

And then there is the KRAKEN. Kraken will end up being higher up on the list. I would dare to say before Aphrodites, and after Olympus up. Using the kraken and the khaos together (alternating) as a foliar will promote a synthesis in the plant that will help promote more natural oils and resin. Because we are using just the shells, we have found that the Chitin in the shells when reacted with the Active ingredient in Khaos, it is synthesizing plant oils. Pretty damn cool what this stuff is capable of.

The remaining, non-essential additive enhancers and what they are designed to do.

As far as the other products, not essential.

Aphrodite’s Extraction - This one is cool but does’t need to be used all the way through. It won’t hurt to use it all the way but if you are simply trying to enhance the final product, then applying this in the last week of feed and then the last week of flushing, you will promote richer stringer flavors and enhanced aromas. This product is derived from calciums simplest sugar, Dextrose and sucrose. It is in such an available form, the plant can absurd it and relocate it directly to the site it is needed. This carbon compound is the same as the sugars produced from the breakdown of the photosynthetic retain. We like to call it liquid Fall. It sweetens op the fruit.

Mega Morpheus is a digested Seabird and worm castings. Super clean and filtered and totally available, but not necessary to grow beautiful plants.

Triton’s Trawl - Again, not necessary, but what you will find from this product is that the unique, seagoing amino acid chain that fish cartilage has, creates and enhances the plants appearance and aromas. I would recommend not using it for the first couple of rounds and then trying it for the last couple of weeks on the third round so you can see the difference.

Poseidonzime - Simply a potassium rich liquid seaweed. Some soils strip potassium or tie it up and this would help correct that issue.

Pegasus Potion - This is a pure nitrogen derived from digested feather meal. It has 2% protein based nitrogen so it is impossible to burn with it and the plants won’t elongate like a nitrate will do. Be fair warned however, that this product is digested down to it’s simplest prtien and nothing wants to bond with it. Even our mint oil will not touch the smell of liquid feathers. Smells awful, but highly effective.

As far as sizes, I would start with qts and gallons of the essentials and maybe 2.5’s of Athena’s and Herculean. They sell fast and once people figure out how much they will use, they go right for the bigger, more economical sizes. We recommend shelving our Olympus up not only as a pH adjuster but it is indeed a food as well. It doesn’t sell in the pH section, but when faced next to Herculean Harvest it moves fast. The importance of the Olympus Up is due to the fact that we don’t use salts to preserve the line, instead we use organic acids. These acids work as digesters as well as stabilizers and it allows us to add valuable calcium calcite to the solution to adjust pH. Acts like a calcium delivery system.

Cheers!!!

Top Bottom