Not Flowering

• Thread starter Katie Reeves
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Katie Reeves

Ok, so any help with this would be great. I have an Island Sweet Skunk clone that I have had since November so this plant is 8 months old now. It has been grown is soil with natural light. I know that during the winter months it has been getting low light which will slow growth. Also up until January I did battle mites. Any ways this thing has never flowered. For the last 2 months it has been producing 5 finger leaves in the last week it has started to produce 3 finger leaves again. Roughly a month ago it looked like it was going to start to flower but those small bits are dieing off and turning brown. For the last 3 weeks I have changed this plant over from miracle grow, grow food to bloom food. What the hell is going on is this plant ever going to flower?

K

Katie Reeves

On a side note how the hell do I change my name on here. I look like a fucking cop, lol. Thank god I live in Colorado.

MeJuana

MeJuana

If you want your plant to flower you need to give it 12 hours of darkness or more. The best way to do that is using artificial light and a timer to automatically turn off/on the lights for you. You mentioned you are using ambient light and that becomes an incredibly challenge because it is important to be precise. In that case you must manually Darken/Lighten the room at the exact time every single day without ever forgetting or being late. The reason the plant began to flower and then stopped is because of the daylight hours it received during the winter months. Another way to grow without worrying about light hours is to grow auto flowers. Auto flowers flower on their own irregardless of 'light hours' and can be used in year round situations with minimal effort.

Katie if you want a name change you should start a conversion with an admin. I don't know if they do that on this forum but it is possible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom