Not getting high with edibles

• Thread starter login
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eskander

Eskander

It is snake oil as an actual treatment and Simpson was just getting high. Will it make you feel better if you are ill? Sure, it will get you high like any other extraction and that may well alleviate pain and nausea. It is likely to give temporary relief to the depression associated with major illness too. That isn't treatment, it is palliative. If people want to use it eyes open as a palliative then by all means, go for it.

Don't believe for a second that RSO or cannabinoids in general are a magical cure for cancer. For every study that shows cannabinoids reduce tumor growth or limit angiogenesis, there is another that shows that they increase tumor growth rates and suppress the immune systems ability to kill cancer cells. Usually when you have studies that show opposing effects the reality lays in the middle and it does nothing.

-Eeskander

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
It is snake oil as an actual treatment and Simpson was just getting high. Will it make you feel better if you are ill? Sure, it will get you high like any other extraction and that may well alleviate pain and nausea. It is likely to give temporary relief to the depression associated with major illness too. That isn't treatment, it is palliative. If people want to use it eyes open as a palliative then by all means, go for it.

Don't believe for a second that RSO or cannabinoids in general are a magical cure for cancer. For every study that shows cannabinoids reduce tumor growth or limit angiogenesis, there is another that shows that they increase tumor growth rates and suppress the immune systems ability to kill cancer cells. Usually when you have studies that show opposing effects the reality lays in the middle and it does nothing.

-Eeskander
ok., different opinions are fine, personally it healed my hand meaning i had about a 2-3 inch burn with layers missing, so i got a bandage wrap thing and put a bunch of oil on it and wrapped it around my hand, changed the bandage couple times and within a week like 7 days maybe a day or two later my hand was perfectly healed with no sign of anything, got this from watching the rick simpson documentaries and it worked exactly like he said..
like anything it helps some and not others.
these people are doing what they can do to help their loved one.
i’ve read studies from a cancer clinic in british columbia of people beating stage 4-5 cancer with just aspirin etc..
anyhoo.. let’s just be cool cause this could go on and on..
we’re here to help and support people, especially people in need..
thank you and glad to have you here!

pop22

pop22

I've seen studies that show tumor reduction, but not the opposite. How about a link your back up your claim? Anecdotal evidence is not science but there is a lot of anecdotal evidence out there which is at least suggestive of a link between RSO and cancer inhibition.

-Eeskander

Eskander

Eskander

we’re here to help and support people, especially people in need..

We are also here to spread information which as often as not involves combatting misinformation.

I've seen studies that show tumor reduction, but not the opposite. How about a link your back up your claim? Anecdotal evidence is not science but there is a lot of anecdotal evidence out there which is at least suggestive of a link between RSO and cancer inhibition.
Here you go:

Hart S, Fischer OM, Ullrich A. Cannabinoids induce cancer cell proliferation via tumor necrosis factor alpha-converting enzyme (tace/adam17)–mediated transactivation of the epidermal growth factor receptor. Cancer Res. 2004;64:1943–50. doi: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-03-3720. [PubMed] [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]

McKallip RJ, Nagarkatti M, Nagarkatti PS. Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol enhances breast cancer growth and metastasis by suppression of the antitumor immune response. J Immunol. 2005;174:3281–9. doi: 10.4049/jimmunol.174.6.3281. [PubMed] [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]

Zhu LX, Sharma S, Stolina M, et al. Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits antitumour immunity by a cb2 receptor-mediated, cytokine-dependent pathway. J Immunol. 2000;165:373–80. doi: 10.4049/jimmunol.165.1.373. [PubMed] [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]

-Eskander

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
We are also here to spread information which as often as not involve combatting misinformation.

Here you go:

Hart S, Fischer OM, Ullrich A. Cannabinoids induce cancer cell proliferation via tumor necrosis factor alpha-converting enzyme (tace/adam17)–mediated transactivation of the epidermal growth factor receptor. Cancer Res. 2004;64:1943–50. doi: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-03-3720. [PubMed] [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]

McKallip RJ, Nagarkatti M, Nagarkatti PS. Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol enhances breast cancer growth and metastasis by suppression of the antitumor immune response. J Immunol. 2005;174:3281–9. doi: 10.4049/jimmunol.174.6.3281. [PubMed] [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]

Zhu LX, Sharma S, Stolina M, et al. Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits antitumour immunity by a cb2 receptor-mediated, cytokine-dependent pathway. J Immunol. 2000;165:373–80. doi: 10.4049/jimmunol.165.1.373. [PubMed] [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]

-Eskander
that’s not rso oil.
ok this needs to stop here on the threads, both opinions, what’s next politics and religion..
all good brother, let’s use our time helping out growers with growing issues.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I dont know but i rarely eat weed, however i do save all my good trim, cure it, then, make canna butter then cookies or brownies, last time i had a half oz of trim cured made butter and ate a nice big brownie before bed, when i woke next day i was so high nothing got done, the following day could still fell it, so i dont know where your getting your edibles but if there not made with butter and you just throw the weed in the mix without cureing it it probably wont work and will taste awfull. Here is the recipe for 6 people, take a 1/4oz of good bud, give a light grind and make shure its cured, take a large pot bring to a simmer, in a small pot put the weed and 3 sticks of butter and put that pot in the pot of simmering water, add water to large pot as water simmers off, stir occasionally, use a meat thermometer and keep your mix at 180f, after 2 hours pour your mix thru a fine metal strainer into a bowl add 1 teaspoon of vannella stir good and put in fridge to harden, add to regular brownie mix cook, cut into 6 pieces and you and your friends will have a goodnight, the thc will adhere to the fat in the butter and with the vannella you cannot taste any weed. Try this i think you will get nice and high.

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
Have you looked into mushrooms at all for treatment? They use extracts of Turkey Tail and Reishi in many cancer treatment programs. Also I personally know someone just given the "all clear " from 2 different doctors, was on a mushroom dosing regiment and beat cervical cancer. One gave her a "You'll be dead in a year" speech when she refused Chemotherapy. That was last Halloween. And was told only scar tissues remain now.
I am in no way saying this is a cure all or works for everyone. Only relating a first hand experience. My wife know much more than I on this subject. She is studying it all for her Doctorate. But I have seen some of the information and I believe it to be solid.
Not a cure all, Just a better more natural route.
I still cannot wrap my head around using radiation (which causes cell mutations) to cure cell mutations.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Make sure he's taking some sublingual as well (put it on a sucker). Does he have his gallbladder? If not, that's the reason.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Eskander is 100% correct. RSO is snake oil in terms of being a cancer cure.

I lived in Rural Nova Scotia in the 90's and Rick used to produce hash oil that was sold across the province for recreational use, its about all you could get for dope besides a bit of import hash. It wasn't until he got caught with thousands of plants that he concocted the whole Phoenix tears thing to try and stay out of jail. Everyone who knew him in the 90's knows this to be a fact.

Also, a good friend of mine is a physician that has told me quite a few sad stories of people trying to fight cancers with cannabis. All with the same result, it doesn't do anything to stop cancer. Not even melanoma as Rick claims. The only real benefit it has is combating the side effects of chemo. The worst is when people refuse conventional treatments and try to fight it with cannabis alone.

It's a harsh reality but it needs to be accepted. I lost my father to cancer last year, and my uncle a few years before that, and I know how hard it is.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Agreed. Much research yet to be done, but it does provide medicinal value.
Totally, it does show at least anecdotal evidence of increasing the effectiveness of conventional treatments like chemo and radiation by increasing appetite, reducing nausea and generally improving mood and quality of life, which is in my mind one of the biggest cancer fighters right there.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Exactly. Great for pain management. Not a chemo replacement. Eases the side effects to help recovery.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
the bust happened after he was already giving his oil out for free and increased his growing for demand of the oil. he learned of thc killing cancer cells from National Cancer Institute.,
i’m done here.,

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That's not how I understood it GNick55, and I know people that know him, my dealer back then used to buy from him directly. His run from the cure video he put out is full off all kinds of BS.
And I watched a friend's father die a couple years ago trying to fight melanoma with RSO. It did absolutely nothing to stop the melanoma.

I'm all for using cannabis as medicine for what it's good for, but it does not cure cancers. Not even a little bit. And giving people false hope that there is some sort of suppressed miracle cure doesn't sit well with me.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just throwing this out as food for thought... cancer is not cancer. There are many many forms affecting many different areas of the body and we cannot simply make blanket statements about cancer.

AFAIK the only form of cancer that shows some promising results in fighting the cancer with cannabis is prostate cancer. I'm not claiming it does or does not and there is still much to learn. But I do belive there is some medical evidence and studies done in this area that show promising.... maybe even conclusive results? I have not looked in quite some time so I really don't know where it's at.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
That's not how I understood it GNick55, and I know people that know him, my dealer back then used to buy from him directly. His run from the cure video he put out is full off all kinds of BS.
And I watched a friend's father die a couple years ago trying to fight melanoma with RSO. It did absolutely nothing to stop the melanoma.

I'm all for using cannabis as medicine for what it's good for, but it does not cure cancers. Not even a little bit. And giving people false hope that there is some sort of suppressed miracle cure doesn't sit well with me.
it’s all good, i would assume the video is a bit exaggerated, lots of truth though.
i’m sure he was upset at the medical industry than, especially when you believe so strongly in something and no one wants to listen. growing tons of weed to make oil to give away to people in need when in at a time you could do major time in jail.
though now lots of cancer clinics around the world are looking into RSO with good results, the information is out there.
works from some and not for some, worked for me.
another case from BC where a stage 4 cancer patient was cured or cleared of cancer with an allergy medication at the time 5 years clear. should we all try that? will it work for everyone?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just need to get it off my chest here.

I think it's important in a situation where life alteriing decisions are made to ensure that while it's understandable to look at all alternatives and hold out hope and positivity, we need to also accept that there are ppl out there who are willing to take advantage of any situation for monetary or other gains.

I support any informed decision a person makes and its not mine nor anyone else's place to judge.

I would encourage the OP not to disregard any available options while at the same time making sure they are informed from all sides with scientific information. Nothing wrong with taking a holistic approach but imo opinion its important to not to place all hope into an unproven cure and in only my opinion would involve your medical professionals in your endeavors.

Wishing you all the best OP just a caution out of purely good intentions. Not at all meant to discourage or remove hope. I just feel as it close home it's important to say something.

Eskander

Eskander

ok this needs to stop here on the threads, both opinions, what’s next politics and religion..

If the fundamental concept that drives religion is faith and faith is the willingness to believe in something in the absence of evidence; what is belief even despite evidence to the contrary? Is that what distinguishes a religion from a cult or what separates a believe from a true believer? A Republican from a Trump supporter perhaps?

Just throwing this out as food for thought... cancer is not cancer. There are many many forms affecting many different areas of the body and we cannot simply make blanket statements about cancer.

Very true. Each tumor line has specific behaviors and response positively, negatively or not at all to certain stimuli. In the dark ages (30 years ago), you would be told, "You have breast cancer". Often times these days you will be told, "You have an invasive ductile carcinoma that is positive for X surface proteins". By getting that kind of ID, you can pick drugs for treatment that have the best statistical outcome. Going a step further and doing a test against cultured tissue, we can fairly readily identify what drugs are likely to work for treatment on a particular individual. Some of those tumor types will inevitably shrink or stop growing when exposed to certain canabanoids. One thing that is not a thing in the cancers that kill you is "cured". You can put tumors in check and go into remission but metastatic cancers are something you live with for the rest of your life.

Is there potential for certain cannabinoids to be used as actual treatment agents for specific types of tumor? Anything is possible. Would I bet my life on it? No...

-Eskander

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If the fundamental concept that drives religion is faith and faith is the willingness to believe in something in the absence of evidence; what is belief even despite evidence to the contrary? Is that what distinguishes a religion from a cult or what separates a believe from a true believer? A Republican from a Trump supporter perhaps?

Very true. Each tumor line has specific behaviors and response positively, negatively or not at all to certain stimuli. In the dark ages (30 years ago), you would be told, "You have breast cancer". Often times these days you will be told, "You have an invasive ductile carcinoma that is positive for X surface proteins". By getting that kind of ID, you can pick drugs for treatment that have the best statistical outcome. Going a step further and doing a test against cultured tissue, we can fairly readily identify what drugs are likely to work for treatment on a particular individual. Some of those tumor types will inevitably shrink or stop growing when exposed to certain canabanoids. One thing that is not a thing in the cancers that kill you is "cured". You can put tumors in check and go into remission but metastatic cancers are something you live with for the rest of your life.

Is there potential for certain cannabinoids to be used as actual treatment agents for specific types of tumor? Anything is possible. Would I bet my life on it? No...

-Eskander
I have to assume you work in the field in some capacity. I'm not well informed on this subject but have read into some of the basics and like you I feel like there is a possibility in the future for use in specific types of cancer... the last I looked into this was over a year ago and some promising results were being given in the area of prostate cancer. But if I remember right most of it was theory or speculation atleast in the information I found. With all the new research hopefully we can get some comcrete answers on the specific cannabinoids that have promise in which specific areas.

Eskander

Eskander

I have to assume you work in the field in some capacity. I'm not well informed on this subject but have read into some of the basics and like you I feel like there is a possibility in the future for use in specific types of cancer... the last I looked into this was over a year ago and some promising results were being given in the area of prostate cancer. But if I remember right most of it was theory or speculation atleast in the information I found. With all the new research hopefully we can get some comcrete answers on the specific cannabinoids that have promise in which specific areas.
My background is genetics and biochemistry so I have a pretty decent grasp on the mechanics at the receptor level but I haven't been involved with it directly since my research days. Cancer behaviors transcends all that to include every aspect of immunology as well and while I know how some of it works, it is a system so complex that nobody can claim to fully understand it. I'm not aware of prostate cancer types that are responsive but I don't doubt it. There are some gliomas that have high CB1/CB2 receptor expression which have apoptosis (ordered cell death) induced by cannabinoids. The concentrations have to be so high that the only way to achieve it is to inject directly into the tumor and that involves brain surgery which is less than ideal. Goes to show that there are regulatory pathways that can be exploited in specific tumor lines with cannabinoids though.

I don't know that anyone is doing much work along those lines at this point or will ever all again. Most drug discovery these days isn't based upon taking one chemical and seeing what possible thing you can treat with it. It is usually the other way around where you take 30,000 chemicals and test them all on an in vitro model to see what has potential and then you try the good ones in an animal model. Between that and the work being done with monoclonals, I doubt any dedicated work will be done with cannabinoids unless they show promise in a drug discovery study.

-Eskander

Top Bottom