not growing any taller..

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

this plant is about a month or so old.. over the last few days i noticed it hasnt been growing any taller. it seems to be getting bushy though. do i have enough rockwool under it or do i need to add another piece to the bottom? i checked the ph and its fine.. giving it nutes everyday. i did notice today that the extra water wasnt draining properly so i tilted the plant so any extra water will drain out of the plastic that surrounds it. i want to induce flowering this week and i want no problems,, please help! also check out the yellowing in the bottom leaves,, ( is that because of the water issue? )

mikeb437

mikeb437

photo_26_.JPG
photo_10_.JPG
photo_24_.JPG
photo_12_1.JPG
photo_11_2.JPG

mikeb437

mikeb437

i have no idea. i bought some seeds online and this plant is from the freebee seeds that they gave with my order. they werent marked. this is my first grow but i was thinkin this might be a lowrider plant of sum sort??? im thinkin that cause im getting heavy growth from the lower nodes still but no height. could i be right?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Looks indica dominant whatever it is. I have had some indica doms that were really slow on vertical growing.

mikeb437

mikeb437

i figured it was an indica by the thick leaves and the bushy growth. i didnt realize they grew a bit slower vertically though.. thought only the low riders did that. overall im really happy with the plant. the top looks nice and healthy and the lower nodes are sprouting like a motherfucker!

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Whenever I used those cubes back in the day. I used a feeding schedule of 4 times a day untill the nutes would run off the bottom cube.
Seem's to me, they are not getting enough nutes. Rockwool has zero nutes in it. It is up to the grower to take of that.
I would just feed a little stronger solution and PH to 5.7 and things should be better soon.

mikeb437

mikeb437

ill try a more potent nute solution and ill make sure i water it a bit more throughout the day. i have only been watering it once a day but its been a good watering and the cubes were always slightly heavy so i figured there was moisture still in it. this morning when i watered it, i noticed the plastic held alot of water in it and i thought i was drowning the plant. and when i tilted the plastic, alot of water drained out.. from now on ill soak the rockwool completely and let all extra water drip out of the plastic so it doesnt hold all the extra water and make sure i soak it a few times a day. ( with more nutes) that good?

dextr0

dextr0

I let mine dry out in-between watering one time and it started growing. Try letting it dry out a little then feeding, I think some plants just dont like setting in water.

On a side note I usually always let them dry out almost completely before the next feed and have no problems. The one time I divert from that this happens. Just a thought I thought I would share.

mikeb437

mikeb437

its a he,, started flowering last monday. this morning i seen the male flowers starting to grow. so bummed! gonna start new garden after i get back from vacation in oct. thanks for askin dex..

B

Budshoteyes

Mikeb437
See "desertsquirrel"s thread on rooting with rock wool ! I tried it and have experienced fantastic results!

The only strange thing for my trial of rw rooting is that I didn't have to water mine for ten days.....stayed wet!
The humidity in my non-room air alone was %85+

I'm gonna try it without the plastic....once the roots fill the rw wouldn't the roots hold it together?

I wonder if your one plant is a dwarf....I have a clone that did it.
3 inches tall and 4 sets of leafs....miniature! And a month in didn't grow any taller...I killed it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom