Not PWM? But what is this??

• Thread starter fmcgregor1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fmcgregor1

What appeared to be the start of PWM has left me baffled as to what is happening? On an otherwise healthy plant, it gets what APPEARS to be PWM (greenest leaf in pic) but instead turns yellow in spots and dies. I have 3 clones, 2 of one strain (slurricane) and 1 of another strain (king bling), all from the same person and all with the same issue. There was a short history of the person neglecting them as young clones and me dealing with some stress issues, but clearly this is a disease. I don't know the person I got them from so I can't ask if the rest of their clones have the same issue. My soil is 60% organic worm castings mixed with miracle grow organic garden soil and perlite. The white APPEARS to rub off, leaving a discoloration under it, but idk if I am actually rubbing a layer of the leaf.I initially thought it was a stress reaction and it was just loosing its leaves from being a neglected clone, but the newer growth has spots now as well. You can see in the pic how healthy the plant looks. This hits in spurts attacking a couple/few handfuls of leaves and this is the third time now, but first time attacking the leaves that have grown while in my care.
I have tried some all purpose high nitrogen fertilizer to no prevail. When the whitish spots first appeared I treated as PWM with milk to no prevail. I reported with different soil to no prevail. Anyone have any ideas? Perhaps a disease from one of the soils I used? THE SECOND PIC SHOWS THE STAGES OF THE LEAFS DEATH.
Not pwm but what is this 2

Not pwm but what is this

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
That's a tough one. The plant looks healthy. How old is it? (Just curious.)

That doesn't quite look like WPM to me, but I'm not saying it isn't. Sometimes white spots can be due to spraying the leaves or humidifier residue. A dilute potassium bicarbonate spray of 1 tablespoon per gallon of water can also be effective against WPM.

Where are those chlorotic (yellowing) leaves appearing on the plant? They look like early leaves, in which case some necrosis is normal as the plant matures.

F

fmcgregor1

That's a tough one. The plant looks healthy. How old is it? (Just curious.)

That doesn't quite look like WPM to me, but I'm not saying it isn't. Sometimes white spots can be due to spraying the leaves or humidifier residue. A dilute potassium bicarbonate spray of 1 tablespoon per gallon of water can also be effective against WPM.

Where are those chlorotic (yellowing) leaves appearing on the plant? They look like early leaves, in which case some necrosis is normal as the plant matures.
It was cloned end of May so 2 months. The leaves at the bottom are the ones turning yellow but if you look at the pic of the plant, the leaf front and center is starting to spot. Maybe upload quality not showing it well? The 2 slurricane look like they have been lollipopped, zero lower leaves

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
TBH, I'm guessing. (Six to eight weeks was my age guess.)

I did see the spot on the front, center leaf. If it is WPM, maybe it needs to be treated more aggressively. Let's see what others have to say.

Top Bottom