not sure things are going all that well...?

• Thread starter greenguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenguy

greenguy

first time growing from Clones and things aren't going all that well...all clones were rooted in rockwhool then transplanted into foxfarm soil

I have them in a grow tent with a couple of CFL's and a fan for now and planning on using a 400w hps for veg/flower

the little guys just dont seem to be growing much at all, they have thickened their stems and there does seem to be some new green coming in at the top but overall growth is much much slower than I have seen in the past with seeds?

Some plants seem droopy, others tips are burnt, other's bottom leaves are getting crispy and dying...temps are at around 75F, I felt I was overwatering possibly and havent watered for a couple days.

anyone got any thoughts?

Not sure things are going all that well
Photo1
Photo2
Photo5
N

ncmaineac

not sure its light

are you feeding them....if so dont...if you are watering those plants in those cups....put something under them and cut a hole in the bottom of the cup so that any extra water goes out the bottom....look at all pots..they have holes in them for that reason...over watering will kill plants quicker than anything...

so let them dry out....not sure how long you have had them...but if you have been feeding full strength stop...feed like quarter or half...every 3-4 days...and only after plants have almost completely dried out...the cup should be light with no water in it...check daily...put you finger in top of dirt in cup and if you can go down to second knuckle and not get wet..you can water then...

with the holes in the bottom of the cups...they will dry out quicker...also put a fan on them...not hard...just so it tickles the plants...

temps seem fine..

good luck..

ncm

hiboy

hiboy

One of the biggest improvements would be to purchase a humidifier and get your humidity up to 50%.
Dont water everyday. Drooping leaves means underwatered...from my experience.
Plain water with a splash of base nutes, ppms under 500 and ph around 6. thats the basics.
Veg with mh, flower with hps
h

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Fox Farm is very hot soil don't use any food 4 a month there's plenty of food in that soil.. When the soil drys out flush out some nutes from that soil.. I would even flush now but if u think u have been over watering then flush when the cups dry out..That's where I would start at

greenguy

greenguy

I havent fed them any nutes...just tap water...cutting bigger holes in the bottom of the cups

420alldaze

420alldaze

whats up brotha? be patient, cuts can be real finicky at the start until they get comfy in thier new home. peacentreez

greenguy

greenguy

so I lost one (pic 3)...it sort of withered/dried up

originally I thought this one was being overwatered, so I cut bigger holes at the bottom of each cup...now I think the humidity is too low, so I have covered with plastic baggies and misted them to see if they respond well

anyone gotta good tip for a humidifier that will fit in a very small grow cab?

greenguy

greenguy

plants responded really well to the added humidity...the one I thought was lost really bounced back! I put a big bowl of water inside the grow tent to try and add some humidity to the grow room.

Thinking I have em stable and improving now

J

Jug of the Head

Did you remove the rockwool block completely? You may have damaged the roots in the process! They'll do a lot better under the HPS.

Jugs

greenguy

greenguy

I didnt remove the rockwhool cubes, I just planted them in the cubes into the soil... is that ok?

Keeping em under CFL for a bit to ensure they are stable + I'm going out of town for the a few days and am asking roomate to mist'em

When I get back I will fix my ventilation for the 400w hps and start vegging

Here is a pick of the baggies I put over them to help with the humidity...

Photo
greenguy

greenguy

Here is a pick of them after they bounced back from lack of humidity. Now they seem to be getting lime green on the edges, this pic shows it pretty well...is this anything to worry about?

Photo

Latest posts

Top Bottom