Not sure what's going wrong, any help is appreciated

• Thread starter SycknTyred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SycknTyred

SycknTyred

Not really sure what I'm doing wrong, everything was going good until about 3 days ago and then some of my leaves on my one plant started doing this , I fed it twice , once was on the 7th of May and the other time was the 14th as it said on the Holland's secret nutes schedule to follow, which is also what nutes I'm using too 🫤thanks in advance if anyone can help

Not sure whats going wrong any help is appreciated
Not sure whats going wrong any help is appreciated 2

Stokes

Stokes

If it looked fine before i would say its overfed. Did you feed at full strength?

What is up with that container

SycknTyred

SycknTyred

If it looked fine before i would say its overfed. Did you feed at full strength?

What is up with that container
I did feed full strength and that's the pot I started it in and I was planning on repotting it into a 5 gallon fabric pot once I saw roots had reached the bottom, I was just trying to get a good root system going 🫤 I guess that was my bad

Stokes

Stokes

I did feed full strength and that's the pot I started it in and I was planning on repotting it into a 5 gallon fabric pot once I saw roots had reached the bottom, I was just trying to get a good root system going 🫤 I guess that was my bad

Lol no problem bud it looks small as hell from angle. But for sure you should repot yesterday

When trying out a new nutrient never start at 100%, whether its liquid chemical or dry. Good rule of thumb is about 80%

SycknTyred

SycknTyred

Lol no problem bud it looks small as hell from angle. But for sure you should repot yesterday
Okay thanks man, I'll get on it today then , I've fed it twice also, should I just keep going according to schedule or what're you thinking? Kinda stressed, I'm not really a pro at growing obviously lol

Stokes

Stokes

Keep frequency of feeding the same. Go about 80% unless the plant is asking for more

Has that plant been outside?

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

If you're using soil transplant it now into a bigger pot of decent soil like ffof or Coast of Maine and STOP feeding it all together; you can't feed a small plant that heavily! The new soil will feed it for quite a few weeks as it recovers.

Stokes

Stokes

If you're using soil transplant it now into a bigger pot of decent soil like ffof or Coast of Maine and STOP feeding it all together; you can't feed a small plant that heavily! The new soil will feed it for quite a few weeks as it recovers.
Agree a preamended soil like CoM would be perfect because it will have everything it needs for a while.

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

I was about to type that exact same thing.

Transplant it into your 5 gallon with some good soil and dont feed anything for a few weeks. When ready start at maybe 50 percent feed and see how the plant responds

Stokes

Stokes

Take a pic of the plant from the side so we can get a better scale of pot and plant size

Without transplant you will have to feed no getting around it. That’s probably one big rootball and i think if you didnt feed you would be in a world of hurt, just went overboard. Hard to judge from that angle

Docgrows

Docgrows

Not really sure what I'm doing wrong, everything was going good until about 3 days ago and then some of my leaves on my one plant started doing this , I fed it twice , once was on the 7th of May and the other time was the 14th as it said on the Holland's secret nutes schedule to follow, which is also what nutes I'm using too 🫤thanks in advance if anyone can help

View attachment 2172990View attachment 2172991
I don’t see burnt tips , looks more like calcium deficiency. What are you growing in? Need more specs on your grow and environment. Do you know runoff ph and ppms? PH being off can lock out nutes and starve them with food all over the roots! Wrong ph makes them unable to absorb the nutes.

SycknTyred

SycknTyred

Keep frequency of feeding the same. Go about 80% unless the plant is asking for more

Has that plant been outside?
Okay I'll do that, and yeah I take it outside during the morning and it stays outside the whole day until the sun goes down I bring them in just cause it's a little chilly at nights still, the plant was germed April 11 and if has about 4 sets of main leaves so I thought it was okay to feed it.. I'm growing it in just basic floralife potting soil but I had bought worm casting and mixed in about 25% I'd say and that's what it's in now..I have 2 other plants that aren't showing any messed up leaves or anything but they're already flowering so I know I won't yield much off those unfortunately. The biggest is the one with the jacked leaves 🫤

Stokes

Stokes

get some lowes buckets and put you some holes on them. Fill them with coast of maine stonington or another canna oriented pre-amended medium

Youve done a bang up job keeping them healthy in those small pots lol

SycknTyred

SycknTyred

get some lowes buckets and put you some holes on them. Fill them with coast of maine stonington or another canna oriented pre-amended medium

Youve done a bang up job keeping them healthy in those small pots lol
Oh okay I got 3 5 gallon buckets from Canadian Tire I'll put em in, just need to pick up soil then is all. The roots aren't coming out the bottom of the little pots yet at all , I keep checking every week lol but I'll still transplant them to be safe. Thanks man lol they aren't monsters by ANY means, but I'm trying lol all I can do is learn I suppose!

SycknTyred

SycknTyred

Should I change the schedule for the 2 smaller flowering plants, because I'm technically feeding them as if they're in veg hoping maybe they'd reveg from the sunlight hours but I don't think that's happening , so should I switch to the flowering feeding cycle of the chart for those 2? I'm not sure

Docgrows

Docgrows

Oh okay I got 3 5 gallon buckets from Canadian Tire I'll put em in, just need to pick up soil then is all. The roots aren't coming out the bottom of the little pots yet at all , I keep checking every week lol but I'll still transplant them to be safe. Thanks man lol they aren't monsters by ANY means, but I'm trying lol all I can do is learn I suppose!
Get your drill and a 5/16 bit and drill holes all over the bottom half of those buckets and plenty in the actual bottom too, you don’t want their feet to stay wet for long. Plenty of holes will air prune your roots and keep them supplied with oxygen.

SycknTyred

SycknTyred

Get your drill and a 5/16 bit and drill holes all over the bottom half of those buckets and plenty in the actual bottom too, you don’t want their feet to stay wet for long. Plenty of holes will air prune your roots and keep them supplied with oxygen.
Okay man! I had them from a grow from a few summers ago so they already have loads of drainage holes! So that's a plus there atleast lol

Docgrows

Docgrows

Should I change the schedule for the 2 smaller flowering plants, because I'm technically feeding them as if they're in veg hoping maybe they'd reveg from the sunlight hours but I don't think that's happening , so should I switch to the flowering feeding cycle of the chart for those 2? I'm not sure
They are in veg until you flip the photos to 12/12. Stay with veg bites until 2 wks after you flip, then change to bloom nutes. They stretch like crazy for first couple weeks of flower, so I keep them on veg bites to supply N for the growth spurt, then bloom nutes from there on out. If they aren’t getting 14 plus hours of light, you will need to supplement to keep them from flowering too soon.

Docgrows

Docgrows

Sorry for the “bites”, should be nutes, stupid spell check…..

Top Bottom