Not sure why my plants look burnt

• Thread starter ttyler333
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttyler333

ttyler333

First time grower here. I've been watering as necessary. Regularly measuring the ph of the water I give my plants. I've done 2 soil tests and the PH of the soil was a little high. I've since worked to correct that. I had the fungal gnats but i've since worked to get that under control.

By chance is there something else wrong with my plants? I have them on an 18/6 lighting schedule with 73-77F temperatures.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Not sure why my plants look burnt
Not sure why my plants look burnt 2
Not sure why my plants look burnt 3
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Older growth won't come back from damaged state, Keep an eye on new growth they look fine :D

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
What kind of medium is that? Anything in it for drainage and aeration to the root zone? If it’s soil, you may have some issues in the near future once the medium becomes compact. Some of the common issues start from the bottom leafs up, keep an eye on them.

ttyler333

ttyler333

What kind of medium is that? Anything in it for drainage and aeration to the root zone? If it’s soil, you may have some issues in the near future once the medium becomes compact. Some of the common issues start from the bottom leafs up, keep an eye on them.
Thats the issues i've been having. Theres a few leaves left that are green, the rest has already died. Its roughly 20% coir and 80% soil. Started having issues once i moved to soil. Should I just stick with coir? I understand that the desired PH will be a little higher and you have to add nutrients. But it grew to that size before I changed to a larger pot.

ttyler333

ttyler333

Tell us what your pH is
The soil tested high at 8. I've since worked it back down to 6.5. I will take another sample before/after watering but it'll be another day. I could definitely see it being a drainage problem.

So my question is, if i change the soil.. Will that stress the plants? OR should i accept my losses and run a better soil mix for my next grow.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Next time try soil and 25% perlite, or all Coco for best results; Coco and soil don't do so great together sometimes, good luck!
+1 I’d stick to soil until you become more dialed in, then experience with coco.

ttyler333

ttyler333

I managed to save my plants and had them looking great for awhile.
My newest issue in the pics attached. Ph is about a 5.5. Currently getting 18/6. Lights are 24inch away from plants. Temps 74-79f.

Any advice would be helpful. I'm thinking it could be a calcium or a boron deficiency.
Previously fed them:
Cal mag:2ml
FloraMicro:2.5ml
Gro:2.5ml
Bloom:1ml

Currently giving them:
floraMicro:2ml
Gro:1ml
Bloom:2ml

E4932CB9 0D92 4A34 BB2D BD8106CB5071
34EF2074 3A2D 4D3D B2E4 719DD1DF3D8A
3A563623 7D5B 4123 8CBB BB51C5CDF1C3
Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I managed to save my plants and had them looking great for awhile.
My newest issue in the pics attached. Ph is about a 5.5. Currently getting 18/6. Lights are 24inch away from plants. Temps 74-79f.

Any advice would be helpful. I'm thinking it could be a calcium or a boron deficiency.
Previously fed them:
FloraMicro:2.5ml
Gro:2.5ml
Bloom:1ml

Currently giving them:
floraMicro:2ml
Gro:1ml
Bloom:2ml
What pH is 5.5? If you're talking about your runoff pH use Dolomite lime to quickly correct your issue

Top Bottom