Not The Bees!

• Thread starter Zen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zen

I've seen bees mentioned a few times in various threads, and I thought it was worthwhile to discuss them.

Bees don't necessarily favor our favorite crop, but it does happen. This can be pretty awesome if it's your own bees, but if not there are some considerations.
Bees will take some resin, but to me it seems like the final yield is greater.
This resin will get into the honey. This isn't necessarily bad, because the taste and effect is very pleasant, but if the bees don't belong to you, someone else is getting that honey. If you're not seeing them favor your plants much, it probably isn't an issue. If the plants are crawling with bees every day, someone is getting some potent honey and might report it. Nets or the like might prove advisable.

For those with the time and guts to try it, beekeeping can be fairly fun.
If you don't have enough flowers around, they may get into someone's males and bring back pollen. It's an unfortunate risk.
On the upside, they're a nice little security measure in their own right. While bees are pretty peaceful, people tend to be sufficiently skittish around them that they won't creep into your garden.

On a more limited scale, I saw someone selling individual bees. I really have no idea how effective it would be, but perhaps an option for someone with a greenhouse. Has anybody here tried them?

lino

lino

Its all been done. Guy in Europe trained his bees.. This is old news now. Bee honey and plant stimulation

Bee

P

PharmHand

There are a lot of plants far more poisonous growing wild and being cultivated everywhere and being sprayed with things FAR more toxic than any weed plant.....I highly doubt a lil resin on a bees foot is gonna taint anyone's honey..... Just sayin..... Always choose the least toxic most natural means of IPM.... Save the bees! We don't wanna be like China where decades of toxic pesticides have completely killed off all their bees to the point they have to hand pollinate all their food crops.... Trumps EPA fund slashing sure as shit isn't helping the situation

lino

lino

There are a lot of plants far more poisonous growing wild and being cultivated everywhere and being sprayed with things FAR more toxic than any weed plant.....I highly doubt a lil resin on a bees foot is gonna taint anyone's honey..... Just sayin..... Always choose the least toxic most natural means of IPM.... Save the bees! We don't wanna be like China where decades of toxic pesticides have completely killed off all their bees to the point they have to hand pollinate all their food crops.... Trumps EPA fund slashing sure as shit isn't helping the situation
Trump has nothing to do with dying bees and 3 legged frogs .

Z

Zen

I agree 100%. Bees are mankind's best friend. Be nice to them.
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I was stating that if a colony of bees frequent your plants, the honey will give you a high. This was an unexpected effect that I discovered some years ago. This is relatively harmless, particularly compared to toxins, but in the interest of security I felt it had to be pointed out.

lino

lino

If all else fails. My sterilized bee sticks are used in labs for yield production.

Bee1

P

PharmHand

Trump has nothing to do with dying bees and 3 legged frogs .
Never said he did. We can thank previous generations lack of fucks given for future generations for that. Thanks guys. Hate to think what's gonna be left for my kid. It will be like China here in the future the way shits headed

Latest posts

Top Bottom