Nothing but headaches so far...please help

• Thread starter jay.alders
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jay.alders

So i built this room before I found THCfarmer. I could talk for hours about how I feel about this, but I have issues to tend to before I need to talk about my feelings.

Here are some pictures of what I am dealing with. I honestly have no idea what the F**C is going on here. pH is good, co2 is @1500, temps haven't broken 82. They have been under these HPS 1000W for 2 days @ 24 hr/day. They have definitely grown quite a bit, but they look unhappy. Every time I go in the room I can tell they want to tell me something, but I'm not hearing what they need. They were working under a T5 before they came home. Could the spectrum be freaking them out? They recieved an application of AzaMAx before they came in the room, and I also sprayed with CanadianXpress TMI. This was done 4 days apart, with the AzaMax being done most recently.

I read an article in MAximum Yield that discussed heat issues when implementing co2. The article stated that the stoma will close, resulting in stress. I Was under the impression that I could run the room at 85 F as long as I kept my co2 around 1500ppm.

Any thoughts?

Papa

Papa

Supporter
see the link in my sig line for how to upload images to the farm.

keep em around or under 1 mb and you'll have no problems.

you can use the "preview post" to verify that it's all good before you post.

Papa

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Your not THE J Alders are you?

Yeah bro pics help. Welcome to the Farm.

Cheers,
Crom

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

I think it is you lighting brother. You went from a cool/blue spectrum to a red/warm spectrum. Now mind you this is just from reading. You are supposed to use the HPS for flowering. Get a couple of shop lights or spring for a decent T5 fixture.

Ideal temps from what I have been reading is 75-80 is ideal. Some go higher but the concensus I have been geting from my books and different journals is around 78.

Hope this helps a little, brother.

J

jimbobthe3rd

It's definately the lighting and co2 bro. Your plants need time (1-2 days up to a week) to adjust from blue spec to red spec, and you don't want to lumen shock them either, so keep that 1000w pretty far from them and bring it a bit closer every day.

Also the co2 if they're small plants shouldn't start at 1500ppm, should start at 800ish and gradually work your way up, like 800ppm on week 1, 1000 on week 2, 1200 on week 3 1500 week 4, but i've even seen people leave it on 1200 all the time as they think 1500 is flooding them with too much co2.

Hope my input helps, and i wish you success in your garden :).

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Yea i totally agree, depending on your plant count and size you should either completely ditch the HID until you begin flowering and go back to the blue spectrum T5's or pull your light back a few feet to reduce the effects of lumen shock, and as far as Co2 goes i would completely discontinue use until a few days after you flip them over to there 12/12 photoperiod it will save you alot of hassle (refilling co2 cartridges or propane tanks) for the minimal results you get from supplemental co2 in the vegative stage. And when they appear shocked after transplanting or changing lights its also good to give them a few days to adjust to there new atmosphere before going in and playing with them, alot of times they just need a few days to spread there wings. hope that helped. good luck bro

I

IVIars

How do they look unhappy? It could be lumen shock. I also agree that you should drop the co2 to 800 and work your way up. CO2 in veg is well worth it as long as its a sealed room. Also the best temp for the plants to absorb the co2 is 80.

Top Bottom