Noticed something different this morning, need to know if its a concern.

• Thread starter MrVicriously
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrVicriously

MrVicriously

Good morning, you awesome growers!

I have 3 plants in 5 gal, Fox Farm Ocean Forest potting soil (50%) Coco fiber (50%), Fox Farm liquid nutes, I have all 3 Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom. Currently used Big Bloom last week to feed all 3. All 3 have stayed a very nice darkish green color but now they are turning a little bit lighter now. I am around 18 days in from 1st day Germination and nothing crazy has happened yet but I am getting nervous after inspecting them this morning.

Seeds: Unknown (I know one seed may be Glookies and one may be OG Watermelon I think?) they were given to me by a friend.

As you can see from the photo, the leaf on the right you can notice a SLIGHT curl from both sides of the leaves. Does this mean low moister, deficiency, or over water/feeding?

Environment:

Tempature: I keep it around 65-75 F
Humidity: I keep it around 60-70 Percent (dropping lower as the plant ages) I did notice the humidity dropped to 57% this morning on my way out the door because I got a notification.
kPa (VPD): Around 1.0-1.3 kPa

I water each around 1-2lt with nuets once or twice a week to prevent overwatering and over nutes (because soil it filled with them)

Noticed something different this morning need to know if its a concern

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Edge curl is often an indication that the plant is getting more light than it can handle.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Currently used Big Bloom last week to feed all 3.
Big Bloom is 0-0.5-0.7. Veg stage should have nitrogen.

And yes, edge curl is usually caused by too much light or heat. VPD should be in the range of 0.8 to 1.0 for seedlings.

A

alpha.ganjaguy

which light are you using and how close is it and at what percentage?

as mentioned the curl can be too much light and the brighter green coloration can also mean that.

also just curious but why 50% soil 50% coco? They are for two different types of growing..

MrVicriously

MrVicriously

as mentioned the curl can be too much light and the brighter green coloration can also mean that.

also just curious but why 50% soil 50% coco? They are for two different types of growing..
It’s not the coco you are thinking of that most people use on here. I have a mixture of coco-fibers from an exotic pets as a base for their containers. I’m not sure if it’s the same exact material and produced the same way, however since I’m using random seeds that I probably won’t consume, and this is my first grow. I had the bright idea to be like “Oh you know what, it’s probably gonna go down the drain first try so why not just test it out”. 😂😂

Honestly don’t know what I was thinking with that, but somehow it’s working pretty well I think? I could be 100% wrong and won’t grow much at all. I’m honestly just seeing if growing is really for me. But don’t get me wrong I’m not gonna waste plant and plant material. If this actually grows out and does well I might use it or give it to a friend to have but this is just me trying to learn really.

MrVicriously

MrVicriously

Also lights are around 12-15inch away but they have grown quite a bit even today alone, so I might need to adjust them. I have a basic VIVOSUN Aerolight150W full spectrum light at around 25% on a 18/6 schedule. I’m not 100% sure if these are autoflowering or not so I’m just sticking to the 18/6 for now so I don’t stress the plant with 24hr lights not knowing it might be photoperiod.

Also anything I’m doing wrong please correct me on I’m here to learn.

Last edited:
Mothman

Mothman

I have 3 plants in 5 gal, Fox Farm Ocean Forest potting soil (50%) Coco fiber (50%), Fox Farm liquid nutes, I have all 3 Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom. Currently used Big Bloom last week to feed all 3. All 3 have stayed a very nice darkish green color but now they are turning a little bit lighter now. I am around 18 days in from 1st day Germination and nothing crazy has happened yet but I am getting nervous after inspecting them this morning.

Seeds: Unknown (I know one seed may be Glookies and one may be OG Watermelon I think?) they were given to me by a friend.

As you can see from the photo, the leaf on the right you can notice a SLIGHT curl from both sides of the leaves. Does this mean low moister, deficiency, or over water/feeding?

Environment:

Humidity: I keep it around 60-70 Percent (dropping lower as the plant ages) I did notice the humidity dropped to 57% this morning on my way out the door because I got a notification.

I water each around 1-2lt with nuets once or twice a week to prevent overwatering and over nutes (because soil it filled with them)

View attachment 2140854
Not sure I’d be giving it nutes at 18 days in an OF mix. But it looks purty to me! Just water + Epsom for a week, then (maybe) add back the nutes. Color looks fine to me. 🤷🏼‍♂️

R

RhastaBlasta

Environment:

View attachment 2140854
It is mostly all right, the light green shade is just because the leaves are young, although it can be a little overheated

Top Bottom