Novel ideas on electricity efficiency

• Thread starter DragonKilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
forsaken

forsaken

None of this matters if you haven’t got a good strain and know how to push her. Half the game is genetics, the other half is knowing how to provide the perfect environment for optimum yields of that strain.

Tuku

Tuku

I’ve read about using the water from water-cooled tubes to heat a jacuzzi. If that’s true then there’s efficient for you.

Plasma

Plasma

Does anyone actually use those? The look freaking awesome, but the idea of water and electricity so close to each other is a bit unsettling.

DragonKilla

DragonKilla

Thanks for all the input, some great idea in here. Insulation is a good one! Simple, but makes a big difference.

ralphy

ralphy

Why do you want to save on electricity? Is it money you are trying to save?

DragonKilla

DragonKilla

No, not at all. I just don't want a big power bill. I’m ..um ..ethically opposed to it.

ralphy

ralphy

Haha. Gotcha. Well, if money’s not an issue and you can soup up your system, do it. But for many people buying new globes all the time and state of the art equipment is not an option. I can totally see where you’re coming from though. It is a never ending chase for improvement. I think if you’re getting over 1.2g/watt of light you’re doing well, but then if you factor in AC etc, that figure will go down. So really what you’re after is optimizing gram per watt of total electricity, not per watt of light. CO2 is a good idea then.

Top Bottom