novice in need

• Thread starter Roskito
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Roskito

I'm attempting to work out a feeding schedule for my first indoor grow. I ordered Fox Farms nutrients (big bloom, tiger bloom, grow big, cha Ching, open sesame, beastie blooms). if I have a 15 gallon res feeding 4 buckets, each 5 gallons, what ratios should I use? The nutes came with a feeding chart, but I'm not sure if I'm reading it right. If it calls for 3tsp/gallon do I multiply 3 by 15 to get number of tsp needed for every res change? It seems like way too much. Any ideas?

sixstring

sixstring

you will need a good tds/ec meter and a ph meter to.the charts lie lol,they are made to sell more product.so if it was me starting off my first grow,i would only use the b bloom,t bloom,and grow big.save the cha ching,beastie,and open S for another grow when you have things dialed in.with no meters I would just follow the charts for the 3 nutes I listed at 50% strength for veg and just start flower the same way and slowly ramp up to maybe 75% by week 5-6 of flower.im sure some foxfarms growers will see this and chime in.good luck on the grow and welcome to the farm.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Half the recommended dose like said above by sixstring. Are you using RO water or tap water? If using RO water a calmag product will be needed. RB

R

Roskito

Thanks for the input
you will need a good tds/ec meter and a ph meter to.the charts lie lol,they are made to sell more product.so if it was me starting off my first grow,i would only use the b bloom,t bloom,and grow big.save the cha ching,beastie,and open S for another grow when you have things dialed in.with no meters I would just follow the charts for the 3 nutes I listed at 50% strength for veg and just start flower the same way and slowly ramp up to maybe 75% by week 5-6 of flower.im sure some foxfarms growers will see this and chime in.good luck on the grow and welcome to the farm.

R

Roskito

do i need RO water? is tap water safe to use? i was thinking of buying distilled but that can get exlensive with resivoir changes.
Half the recommended dose like said above by sixstring. Are you using RO water or tap water? If using RO water a calmag product will be needed. RB

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Depends on you tapwater. Mine is horrible. It is 1.3 E.C. or 650ppms out of my faucet! I don't ever go over 600 ppm or 1.2 ec when I feed the girls. Really should get you a ec meter. They are cheap. PH meter is a must have also but more pricey.

R

Roskito

I'm just gonna order the ec meter. So u have a water filter?

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Yes. I have a reverse osmosis (ro) water filter.

urbanfog

urbanfog

I run tap, that has been bubbled 24 hours, a few drops of water conditioner although my tap comes out at 200 +/- 25 . ph and add my feed. Then check with tds/ec meter to make sure within recommended range

Top Bottom