Now a days sinsemilia and there embryo...

• Thread starter TheCoolestMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey fellow farmers

been a while since i wanted to start a thread about this subject. I started to smoke 20 years but only noticed this since 2002, the weed i was getting was full of embryo! U will barely noticed it specialy when the herb is highly potent and tasty.

I've try to remember if it happened in the 90s, i always been a picky guy when i roll my spliffs so im pretty sure i would noticed but who knows.

After 2002 i started to see this in every herb i was getting no matter who grown it and how. Even a aDam coffees i was getting this.

Basicaly the calyx are full of tiny embryo as u can see on the pics

View attachment 73577
View attachment 73579

I removed them one by one :icon_spin:

View attachment 73578

Those are usualy bigger in plants grown outdoors i noticed and darker too. Indoor plant have small ones like grey colors or soft brown. U will barely noticed them when smoking the spliff but try removed them once and then u will noticed a big diferents.

When burning they smell when like seeds get burns.
View attachment 73580

Do u guys see this in ur buds? what can creat this?

B

bicycle racer

i have noticed them in some but not all buds maybe dependent on strain i have always wondered what they were. it seems there like some sort of pre seed waiting to be pollinated.

S

slimjoint

i always thought that they were pollinated late in flower and didnt start developing.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Im not sure actualy, i mean else we will notice male sex on the buds or even smalls bananas, but most of them don't have no male sex on them not even a very few

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
no, it isn't. I 've seen this on a lot of diferent pot grow all around, seen a lot in Adam coffees and i bet if u guys looks inside ur buds u might seen them too....So that will mean that all those buds have been polinated? i doubt, maybe due to intensive hybridising?...

B

bicycle racer

i have seen them in totally herm free grows and i have a very watchful eye and there always the same size/shape. when a herm situation happens you have various seeds here and there at various stages of development this is something different

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
i see this from time to time. i started to notice it when i got a mess of sensi star about 2 years ago. for some reason sensi star get it a lot. iv got star from all over and it usually has it. no idea what the hell thats from.....but i have seen it in other strains too but star for sure! cali sensi star and adam sensi star, and even star my homie grew and has been growin for 5 years now, and his older bro grew for like 5 years before him.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
i have seen them in totally herm free grows and i have a very watchful eye and there always the same size/shape. when a herm situation happens you have various seeds here and there at various stages of development this is something different

Thanks you, im glad someone checked out

i see this from time to time. i started to notice it when i got a mess of sensi star about 2 years ago. for some reason sensi star get it a lot. iv got star from all over and it usually has it. no idea what the hell thats from.....but i have seen it in other strains too but star for sure! cali sensi star and adam sensi star, and even star my homie grew and has been growin for 5 years now, and his older bro grew for like 5 years before him.

hey Skunk, sup bro? well right now i've just seen some in critical mass (Mr.Nice), NYCD (Soma, north of Spain cut) and MobyDick (Dinafem) and i've seen it on a whole bunch of other strains i can't even count. Grown by hundreds of diferent grower.

Sometimes a very few strain don't have it. I should take note which ones... Hopefully a experienced breeder and old school grower can give us their opinion.

My guess would be intensive hybridising could creat a stress...idk...

:cool0044:

S

Satica

it does not take a biology p.h.d. to break this down, it is a seed right, it was produced right? either by a male or self pollinated, a lot of people have hermie problems, and yes all those buds were pollinated one way or another,

you mean you saw them in grows you did not see the herm in. the herm situations i have seen have produced uniform seed, however each situation obviosly varries, but it is obviously possible

very well said.

just as a theory maybe there is a phenomenon like Micro hermie not seen by naked eyes just enough to pollinate ,especially with these days unstable strains.

one thing is for sure for me.as long as i was working with White Russian and Skunk#1 I had no mini seeds, now its not uncommon.

B

bicycle racer

as i said im very watchful of my grows i always notice issues with friends grows because they just dont notice little details and sings of problems. some strains do this some do not larger calyx strains are the most prone. i see it as similar to female mammals producing eggs awaiting fertilization. with herms i see seeds in various stages of development but not always these type of preseeds anywhere.

B

bicycle racer

cannabis is a sexually very strange plant and does odd things considering most genetics we work with are not found in nature and contain an amalgam of genetics new things are still being learned about its biology it could be self pollination or it could be something else from my experience it seems its not self pollination.

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
Self pollination or not....you don't get premature seeds, which is what you have, without pollination.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
it does not take a biology p.h.d. to break this down, it is a seed right, it was produced right? either by a male or self pollinated, a lot of people have hermie problems, and yes all those buds were pollinated one way or another,

U jump on conclusions too quick Michael, no need of a p.h.d for that indeed. U are saying it is seeds, while we don't exactly know what it is actualy. Is this look like seeds to u?

View attachment 74178
NYCD

they are very soft, not hard at all, and a clear orange tint

very well said.
one thing is for sure for me.as long as i was working with White Russian and Skunk#1 I had no mini seeds, now its not uncommon.

I've seen a few herbs that don't show this indeed, even some grown in same room with buds that contained somes. So if it was a hermie problem they would of been seeds or early seeds on every plants, right?

cannabis is a sexually very strange plant and does odd things considering most genetics we work with are not found in nature and contain an amalgam of genetics new things are still being learned about its biology it could be self pollination or it could be something else from my experience it seems its not self pollination.

Well said...It might be due to the genetics

Self pollination or not....you don't get premature seeds, which is what you have, without pollination.

Interesting, can u explain in more details please.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

ive noticed this also trips me out. I also remember back in the day I would jump for joy if I found one seed out of the bud I got. Now it seems im finding seeds more and more. Also those little seeds you speak of I smoke all the time.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
sounds like premature seeds to me, and looks like it too, you know what a zebra is coolest man, if you hear hoofbeats think horses not zebras ok

First u said its a seed, right? now u are saying its premature seed :tongueout But i guess we all know that, although we aint 100% sure, u might be. :happy

Now we are trying to figure out what could cause this to happen on certain strains only.

P

PureSugar

I used to find those in buds all the time in the late 80's - 90's. It was always bud from the Nor Cal area with large calyxes. Haven't seen them in years though.

Top Bottom