Now I Got These And Spinosad Seems To Being More Damage Than Good

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

theyre aphids aren't they? and i should have known woth all the ants i get every time I water. they're aphid farming for what you see in the last pic. my question is how to get rid of them. I'm switching between spinosad and neem every 2-3 days but it's seems as maybe the spinosad is doing more foliage damage than pest eradication. maybe I'm diluting this stuff wrong? or idk? should it be ph'd? im currently mixing i believe 4 tbs per gallon? whatever is on the label I'm following. I have azamax samples and unsure if I should give that a go. don't want any residual though I'm still in veg.

Now i got these and spinosad seems to being more damage than good
Now i got these and spinosad seems to being more damage than good 2
Now i got these and spinosad seems to being more damage than good 3

cannabeans

cannabeans

Definitely aphids... Should be easy to eradicate as long as you also wipe out the ants.
I would use a pyrethrum based product for the aphids. For the ants I would use diatomaceous earth.

bankcee

bankcee

my pots are sitting on the floor on grass and idk where the fucking ants are coming from. my lot is infested with ants. should I just sprinkle that shit all over the spot I'm on?

what's a good pyrethrum product you suggest?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

X100 on the DE

I use promis for fg. Says will work on ra as well. It is systemic, I wouldn't use it in flower. For established plants, I use 10ml-15ml/gallon

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Spinosad workx great for me. Are you applying during lights on? Have never had any foliage damage from it when mixed per package and not applied until right before lights out or at sunset.

The ants are coming to eat the honeydew left on the foliage from the aphids. They love the sugars in the honeydew. I suspect if you eliminate the aphids and honeydew and walluhaa the ants will go away. The honeydew as it decays can also cause you to have a mildew issue. You can read more here. Weird stuff seems aphids eat n shyt at the same time. Makes for some sweet tasting turds I guess. :D

Honeydew is a sugar-rich sticky liquid, secreted by aphids and some scale insects as they feed on plant sap. When their mouthpart penetrates the phloem, the sugary, high-pressure liquid is forced out of the anus of the aphid. ... Honeydew can cause sooty mold — a bane of gardeners — on many ornamental plants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeydew_(secretion)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Side bar note, for any protocol to be effective, I would highly recommend mixing the Spinosad and do a soil drench as well. If you dont get the creepers in the soil they will reinfect the foliage again in short order. Use yellow and blue sticky traps as well to monitor flyers.

I do 2 soil drenches 4 days apart, along with the foliar application. Doing it right is a PITA as you have to make sure you wet the entire plant. Stalks, crevices and the undersides of the leafs as well. I typically see no further activity after this method all the way into harvest.

As an IPM I treat my veggers during veg twice even if I dont see any signs of aphids. A ounce of prevention is worth pounds o budzzzz :)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
DE is only partially effective as the soil crawlers can actually access your canopy by climbing thru the root ball and go right up the main trunk by passing the DE so they dont get tore up. I know I have seen them do it with a scope. Only the ones that pop up in the soil crown will get tore up.

bankcee

bankcee

Side bar note, for any protocol to be effective, I would highly recommend mixing the Spinosad and do a soil drench as well. If you dont get the creepers in the soil they will reinfect the foliage again in short order. Use yellow and blue sticky traps as well to monitor flyers.

I do 2 soil drenches 4 days apart, along with the foliar application. Doing it right is a PITA as you have to make sure you wet the entire plant. Stalks, crevices and the undersides of the leafs as well. I typically see no further activity after this method all the way into harvest.

As an IPM I treat my veggers during veg twice even if I dont see any signs of aphids. A ounce of prevention is worth pounds o budzzzz :)

Thanks for all the info homie! what's your applications rates for the soil drench?

Dalai.Lama

Dalai.Lama

I use this mixed with some Spinosad and a wetting agent or drop of Unscented soap. Works great and is also a clean alternative that works as compared to using eagle 20 or some of the other heavier but toxic sprays. Your flowers will thank you for going natural lol

Spraying should be done consistantly EOD at he very minimum. I spray every other but 2-3 times a day(infestation dependent). This mix does not smell bad at all and won't burn like green clean. I do like green clean lol but I used it heavily my last run so gotta keep switching things up. It is also OMRI certified for the readers who follow that standard.

IMG 6138
Last edited:
bankcee

bankcee

I use this mixed with some Spinosad and a wetting agent or drop of Unscented soap. Works great and is also a clean alternative that works as compared to using eagle 20 or some of the other heavier but toxic sprays. Your flowers will thank you for going natural lol

Spraying should be done consistantly EOD at he very minimum. I spray every other but 2-3 times a day(infestation dependent). This mix does not smell bad at all and won't burn like green clean. I do like green clean lol but I used it heavily my last run so gotta keep switching things up. It is also OMRI certified for the readers who follow that standard.

^^^

Top Bottom