Now that I've crossed into the flower realm

• Thread starter PhoenixFlower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

I plan on doing things a bit differently than I was in veg. and I could use some advice.

I'm growing in my closet that measures 8ft. tall, 7ft long and roughly 2 1/2 ft wide.

I have my growlight and the plants on the far right side of my closet (it's a sliding door walk in closet) and I have the oscillating fan on the left. I plan on deploying the dehumidifier and carbon filter/fan together to be running in tandem 24/7 whereas I have the growlight and oscillating fan on the timer which will be 12 on, 12 off.

Where should I place my dehumidifier for the best effect? I was thinking of just placing it on the floor next to the carbon filter, but I'm not sure how effective that would be. Should I try and put it on a chair so that it's level with my plants? Same thing with the carbon filter. Does it need to be placed above the plants for the best effect? Or can it be placed below the plants? I would imagine my fan will blow the smells around the closet, where is the best place to place it for scrubbing smells?

Homesteader

Homesteader

Have you run the dehu in a closed space before? It is going to create too much heat imo or at least may if you run it hard.

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

Have you run the dehu in a closed space before? It is going to create too much heat imo or at least may if you run it hard.
Never before. It is a VERY mall dehumidifier though, it's called a 'mini dehumidifier' I should think the little bit of heat it generates is well worth the tradeoff considering the moisture it's going to scrub the air of. I have been warned extensively of bud rot, this is my main concern in controlling the humidity.

Further, the heat should not be an issue, as it gets alarmingly warm in my room, the HVAC in my place is not up to par imo, and I usually sleep with my window open, even when the temps outside dip as low as -30C

Homesteader

Homesteader

So I used to run dehu but being in soil in a sealed room I see it as kind of a waste of $ if you don't need heat. With soil, the humidity is going to be controlled by your watering. I know you aren't sealed but regardless. Certainly give it a shot but I would rather fresh air flow in than trying to deal with that. if you can that is.

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

So I used to run dehu but being in soil in a sealed room I see it as kind of a waste of $ if you don't need heat. With soil, the humidity is going to be controlled by your watering. I know you aren't sealed but regardless. Certainly give it a shot but I would rather fresh air flow in than trying to deal with that.
Where do I place it for optimal results? Level with my plant canopy or can it be put underneath where the canopy is?

I'll certainly monitor the effects of the humidity with the dehu on and then with the dehu off and report it in my grow diary. If it only accounts for a small portion of moisture scrubbed from the air I'll probably decommission the thing. But sometimes the moisture inside of the grow space (especially after watering) hits as high as 70%...

Top Bottom