NPK ratios and it's relation to PPM/EC limits, antagnomsms, absorption rates.

• Thread starter simonkay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
simonkay

simonkay

Apologies if this has been covered.

I'm trying to find parameters for PPMs+NPK ratios of nutrients all growers can follow easy as there's too many different grow charts with conflicting information.

The pic w/ green writing is Harley Smiths recommend fertilizer limits for cannabis. He recommends 1:1.2 N:K ratio for veg & 1:1.5 flower. He insists 80ppm is the limit for P and that even 20 PPMs in early veg is sufficient for root growth.

It is stated 4:2:1 ratio for K:C:Mg is recommended for LEDs (less Mg for older lamps) and that too much C or Mg can be antagonistic to K uptake.

Eg. GH aggressive feed recommends in early veg
150 N so with Harley's 1:1.2 N:K =
50ish P
90C
45Mg (assuming you use LEDs)

The 2nd spanner is knowing about absorption rates (pic enclosed) so generally you only get about 44% of p2O5 and about 83% of K2O
So the question is should you roughly double your P numbers and give your K a 20% boost all the time or have manufacturers accounted for this. It is important to get calcium and potassium ratios correct for maximum uptake late flower as high vpd can slow K absorbing so I feel like it's a common reason ppl don't hit the yields. (Esp me)

It's recommended to front end load P, i.e. give more late veg early flower then reduce @mid flower while boosting K ratio, which is usually done by reducing N & then doing 1:1.5 N:K ratio.
The chart showing when to boost or drop NPK is considered fairly accurate so it comes down to timing & hitting the limits your plants allow.

We all have our different mediums & styles but surely the ratios and limits don't change too much right?

I've generally seen my plants top out @ 240ppms N in my environment in soil & got toxic dark green with genetics I have (which play a huge part in EC + PPM limits) so im seeing better results around 200N late veg. Which should give me a good baseline for the above minerals.

Id love to know what you guys do in terms of maintaining NPK ratios & what ppm limits you have for any of those minerals
I normally run double what the below GH chart recommends but I also use humics, microbes for added chelation then water once or twice in between to bring PPMs back down.

Npk ratios and its relation to ppmec limits antagnomsms absorption rates
Npk ratios and its relation to ppmec limits antagnomsms absorption rates 2
Npk ratios and its relation to ppmec limits antagnomsms absorption rates 3
Npk ratios and its relation to ppmec limits antagnomsms absorption rates 4
Npk ratios and its relation to ppmec limits antagnomsms absorption rates 5
Npk ratios and its relation to ppmec limits antagnomsms absorption rates 6
Npk ratios and its relation to ppmec limits antagnomsms absorption rates 7
Npk ratios and its relation to ppmec limits antagnomsms absorption rates 8
Top Bottom