NPK research by Nirit Bernstein

• Thread starter effexxess
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
effexxess

effexxess

NPK in vegetative, growth stage: 160/30/175 mg L
NPK in flowering stage: 160/60/60 mg L

Here's a roundup of recent research done expressly on medical THC cannabis. Wondering how to interpret the recommendations?

For instance, is a NPK of 160/30/175 mg L equal to 10/2/12?
Does 160/60/60 equal 10/4/4?

I'm posting a list of links to NPK research by Nirit Bernstein, from the Institute of Soil, Water and Environmental Sciences, Volcani Center, Israel.

Medical Cannabis recommended N, P, K levels from Volcani Center research:
N veg: Response of Medical Cannabis to Nitrogen Supply Under Long Photoperiod (2020)
P veg: Response of medical cannabis genotypes to P supply under long photoperiod: Functional phenotyping and the ionome (2021)
K veg: Response of Medical Cannabis Genotypes to K Supply Under Long Photoperiod (2019)
N flower: Nitrogen supply affects cannabinoid and terpenoid profile in medical cannabis ( Flowering phase 2021)
P flower: The Highs and Lows of P Supply in Medical Cannabis: Effects on Cannabinoids, the Ionome, and Morpho-Physiology (2021)
K flower: Effect of Potassium (K) Supply on Cannabinoids, Terpenoids and Plant Function in Medical Cannabis (2022)

effexxess

effexxess

Thanks Moe.Red! Happy to join the farm. 🙂

The NPK research suggests veg 10/2/12 and flower at 10/4/4. Thoughts anyone?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

There was some research done suggesting that yield goes up but THC goes down when you feed lots of N. But it was done at much higher levels of N and outdoors in crop style. Makes me wonder tho if 10/4/4 in flower is too high?

that's not the study I was thinking of but it comes to some of the same conclusions. I'll try to dig up the link on the other one, It's on my PC.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

The veg ratios might be ok but I really question the flowering ratio having N at 2.5 times P and K. Kinda flies in the face of most cannabis flowering nutrients showing significantly higher P and K than N. So once again it’s into the realm of conflicting grow information. 🤪

986C5DF3 60E8 44B2 9C4E 49243EF998BA
619C0027 A960 4FA3 AE65 08B42213DC79
B13791E6 7613 476C 90A2 9D6FA44A2CB3
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'm finding a high demand for N in early flower, since going to LEDs. I don't know if it's a good idea to continue with high N for more than 2-3 weeks into flower, though.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
And does the water soluble versus the water insoluble ratio make a big difference?

effexxess

effexxess

Some more from Dr Bernstein. This is a webinar presenting a summary of findings.

The audio volume is low.

H

hydrodreams

The veg ratios might be ok but I really question the flowering ratio having N at 2.5 times P and K. Kinda flies in the face of most cannabis flowering nutrients showing significantly higher P and K than N. So once again it’s into the realm of conflicting grow information. 🤪
Maybe we will start to realize the actual low level of expertise of traditional cannabis fertilizer companies the more the real scientist start to deal with this topic. Maybe.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Maybe we will start to realize the actual low level of expertise of traditional cannabis fertilizer companies the more the real scientist start to deal with this topic. Maybe.
I hope so. And more research on characteristics of malnutrition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom