nute burn big time, any advice?

• Thread starter imgrowing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sunasun

Sunasun

would you expand on that please?
LED light and under 700 ppfd in flower and no heat to speak of from the diodes, i don't understand how that could burn the plant.
all the leaves top to bottom look like this.
Not heat damage, but it's more you're force feeding it more food "photons" than it can take in. Over eating is not good for any lifeform. If you've had your light this high through veg, your problems will be exacerbated from an under developed root system by the time you hit mid stretch in flower. In veg you should be at 350 ppfd or less.

I

imgrowing

Thanks everyone, I just realized some of what I did wrong.
I was treating living soil the same as FFOF.
And I was drowning the girls with ppfd.
Next grow is water only and 350ish ppfd in veg and slowly turn up during late veg to 600ish ppfd for flower.
Does that sound about right?

Sunasun

Sunasun

Thanks everyone, I just realized some of what I did wrong.
I was treating living soil the same as FFOF.
And I was drowning the girls with ppfd.
Next grow is water only and 350ish ppfd in veg and slowly turn up during late veg to 600ish ppfd for flower.
Does that sound about right?
Sounds good, let your plant guide you. I've noticed with indicas, I can go to about 725 ppfd before she bitches and with sativa dominant, I've been able to hit 950 comfortably.

I

imgrowing

the girls seem to be getting better but their running out of time before chop day.
i just don't feel the excess nutes will be gone by then. will a longer cure help rid the buds of nutes?

B

Bdubs

the girls seem to be getting better but their running out of time before chop day.
i just don't feel the excess nutes will be gone by then. will a longer cure help rid the buds of nutes?
Don’t even worry about it, it never affects potenc. But, cresting harvest window will cause you to lose potency. Dry and cure properly.

Sunasun

Sunasun

Curious question, why do you think you have super human powers that allow you to taste nutes? Do you taste nutes in vegetables you eat?
People just use that as an excuse for rushed, improperly dried and cured weed. Most times that nute taste is overly dried weed

So, feed till end, then dry and cure properly. Be patient and your shit will put dispensary garbage to shame.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Curious question, why do you think you have super human powers that allow you to taste nutes? Do you taste nutes in vegetables you eat?
People just use that as an excuse for rushed, improperly dried and cured weed. Most times that nute taste is overly dried weed

So, feed till end, then dry and cure properly. Be patient and your shit will put dispensary garbage to shame.
Here here!!!!

Rama777

Rama777

I’m late to the party. First grow here and have some weeks left so haven’t yet read too deeply into flushing. The concept is to reduce the nutes in the plant which supposedly helps with the smoothness of the toke and allegedly taste? True or false?

Is there any other reason to flush? Do you guys do it and if so, porque?

As a produce farmer, I don’t know about tasting nutrients. I don’t think so. I just aim to maximize brix in a myriad of ways. That tends to be the most important factor for flavor, aside from not overwatering. Rain and water is god and satan all rolled up into one. Fucking pisses me off growing watermelons the whole damn season, taking up loads of crop real estate only to get some bastard huge rain at harvest time. Washes 90% of the flavor right out. I don’t grow them shits anymore..

But I digress, no, you don’t taste nutes per se, but you do taste deficiency..

B

Bdubs

If you are in hydro and you monitor your water Ph, PPM, Level. You realize that by late flower, you are constantly seeing ph fluctuations chugging water and PPM rise. The correct action is to lower nutrient strength. But this starts to happen even after 4 days into the swap. Constant res changes to keep administering lower nutrient strengths? Use up what’s already there? Saves time & $$ to flush. Then the question of good stress. Push her to produce in the face of no more food and tries to finish for the last moments before herm or death.

B

Bdubs

Throwing out possible reasons a hydro may flush. I didn’t last time I will this time.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Cannabis is a hyperaccumulator plant where tissue samples have shown a huge plasticity of how much elements can end up in roots, stems, leaves or buds. The plant will, e.g., "mindlessly" assimilate all chloride far far beyond its needs, up to the point of toxicity, or even death, somewhere close to 200mg/l Cl.
It stands to reason what the roots don't find in the medium will not be there later.
With some elements, it's of almost no negative consequences when these will mostly not make it into the consumable endproduct, remaining in roots, stems.
Some toxic heavy metals will preferably be accumulated in the terminal shoots, thus, also buds, esp. Cadmium. A number of these are actually essential nutrients which have quite a low range between deficiency and toxicity, where esp. certain minerals can bring these in in too great amount.

Flushing doesn't wash out elements out of plant tissue. If you want to not overaccumulate elements then feeding on point of what's needed short of running into deficiencies is the better method. Not fertilizing for a certain period before the cut can help dillute the nutrient reserves that is present in mostly leaves, and the sap.

Sunasun

Sunasun

Cannabis is a hyperaccumulator plant where tissue samples have shown a huge plasticity of how much elements can end up in roots, stems, leaves or buds. The plant will, e.g., "mindlessly" assimilate all chloride far far beyond its needs, up to the point of toxicity, or even death, somewhere close to 200mg/l Cl.
It stands to reason what the roots don't find in the medium will not be there later.
With some elements, it's of almost no negative consequences when these will mostly not make it into the consumable endproduct, remaining in roots, stems.
Some toxic heavy metals will preferably be accumulated in the terminal shoots, thus, also buds, esp. Cadmium. A number of these are actually essential nutrients which have quite a low range between deficiency and toxicity, where esp. certain minerals can bring these in in too great amount.

Flushing doesn't wash out elements out of plant tissue. If you want to not overaccumulate elements then feeding on point of what's needed short of running into deficiencies is the better method. Not fertilizing for a certain period before the cut can help dillute the nutrient reserves that is present in mostly leaves, and the sap.
Nerd 🤓😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom