Nute Burn? Nute Def? Root Rot?

• Thread starter silverhaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
silverhaze

silverhaze

Yeah, that's just a friends style who told me that was the way to use the mat. I've been thinking of moving away from the RW cubes since I prefer to top feed. I think you said you primarily use RW - are you flood and drain? drip? dtw? Anyhow, vegging some Chem-D's in RW's so I'll use this method next time.

hiboy

hiboy

Yeah, that's just a friends style who told me that was the way to use the mat. I've been thinking of moving away from the RW cubes since I prefer to top feed. I think you said you primarily use RW - are you flood and drain? drip? dtw? Anyhow, vegging some Chem-D's in RW's so I'll use this method next time.

At 1 location i have drip , though its more of a small spout that turns on automatically for 15 minutes every 8 hrs.
Very dark green and healthy plants.
At the other location,check it out.............

i have flood and drain, def. see better results in the top feeders, since the fresh nutes and water flows thru the cube and out, not just soaking in it. It works but no where near as good as it could be. IF you can c ur plants everyday then hand watering with coco pots is what i like, my homie does it that way and he rocks it hard.
I might try a coco run , get some 2 gallon pots with the bottoms cut out, maybe a coco mat under that. Never seen it before but i think it would work out sweet.
h

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Hiboy, have you ever had problems with root rot when keeping the cubes constantly saturated?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Ive ran a soilless mix and wasnt happen at all. The fact that coco retains nutes doesnt sell me. In rockwool my plants get exaclty what I give them. No guessing at ph, no extra cal/mag nothing special.

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

Not a def for sure but... also could be that , If cubes get over watered they choke the roots and they will rot , also can cause an over fert situation then youll get lock out then the plant will shows signs of stress like pictured
i noticed the cube looked pretty saturated , when you load up a tray with a new round , sometimes there a few that dont eat as much as the others when the tray floods , they end up getting over saturated and can cause similar symptoms as pictured...

Top Bottom