nute burn or K deficiency?!

• Thread starter kushtrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushtrees

Hey all Ive been experiencing some wierd burning at the tips of my leaves that I havent experienced before. I first assumed it was nute burn as it looked like some pics and I saw some leaf clawing that looked like too much N. Ive started flushing with 1/4 str nutes and the clawing/ curling is gone but the tip burns are still showing up and the new leaves are skinnier then usual. Im at day 18 and the pistils of the plants are coming in and very short and burned, im also starting to see some redding of the pitiloes (the fan leaf stems going to the stem, i cant spell...) and this is what first made me think K def.

Heres the set up
2 rooms, 4 plants per room, 3400w vertical per room, sealed.
temp at 78-80, RH ar 65-70, co2 at 1100
4 plants are in 75/25 hydrotron/coco other 4 in 75/25 perlite coco
Nutes are HG Aqua flakes line calmag and protek silica ec 1.8-1.9
was using 8.5ml A (3-0-3) 8.5ml B (1-3-6) 5ml calmag, 2.5 silica (all per gal)

Im thinking I had a N overage as HG has high N imo, and a slight K def maybe from the excess Ca or N. then while flushing fixed the N overage, the K got worse.

My thought is try 6.5ml A and 10.5ml B to up the K and lower the N I also get extra Mg which i like with this and im also dropping the calmag to 3ml/ gal. I want to be sure this isnt nute burn tho before I go upping the nutes. Heres the pics...

First pic is the curling from what I thought was N overdose, next three are the burns from what I think are either K def or nute burn

Photo 4jpg
Photo 3jpg
Photo 2jpg
Photo 1jpg
cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Not sure if i just missed it. What is your pH reading?

homebrew420

homebrew420

that simply looks like a nute burn. Too much N maybe.

Top Bottom