Nute burn or light burn??

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Hi all, these girls are on day 30 now, I recently upped the nutrients to 2.1 EC because they were a little bit green at 1.7 but now realise that's probably a massive jump. This was not here yesterday and never been here before. pH also has gone from 6.3 to 6.8 in the last two days. So now I'm not sure if it's deficiency or too much nutes. I'm pH down to 5.6 to try and correct the high runoff, anyone got any ideas? Caught this at the first appearance and would like to nip it in the bud. It is mostly on the lower growth that is starting to shoot after I topped two days ago. Oh yeah I topped two days ago ☺️Cheers!

Nute burn or light burn
Nute burn or light burn 2
Nute burn or light burn 3
Nute burn or light burn 4
AMBITIOUS

AMBITIOUS

Over watering will increase your root zone ph overtime, 95% of the issues are due to incorrect ph in the root zone(gradually).

you can feed plants with 1.0-1.2ec (500 scale) for a really long time.. so I doubt its deficiency but again depends on what nut line and genetics you're using/growing.

to me, that looks like a start of Mg (also caused by too much water or cold feet also if too much cal) let us know how they're doing now a week later.

Happens to me sometimes also and it just corrects itself when the plants mature.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Over watering will increase your root zone ph overtime, 95% of the issues are due to incorrect ph in the root zone(gradually).

you can feed plants with 1.0-1.2ec (500 scale) for a really long time.. so I doubt its deficiency but again depends on what nut line and genetics you're using/growing.

to me, that looks like a start of Mg (also caused by too much water or cold feet also if too much cal) let us know how they're doing now a week later.

Happens to me sometimes also and it just corrects itself when the plants mature.
Absolutely on the money across the board. I had upped to lots of small waterings instead of a couple of big ones a day, and was basically drowning the roots. In addition I EC tested my tap water - fucking 0.7. And the water authority has tested it, it's not free calcium, it's all carbonates and pipe sediment, basically the sort of shit that takes up sites for alkali metals and locks them out. Definite Mg issue as a result. I've posted pictures of leaves on other threads where you can see the point where the issue stopped actually in the early and late growth of the leaf.

Have switched to RO, 0.7 is ridiculous. I'm now able to give them 1.8 that is all nutes, rhizo and a bit of Calmag which is making all the difference.

Thanks for taking the time, and being so damn on the money. By the way pH out is back to 6.2 and I'm getting 1.6 out which is slowly climbing, but within 0.3 of input so I'm happy. Some day 37 pics. Hard to believe these are only a week older than those pics. They are exploding after topping. You can see the darker colour of the new growth, not lacking anything I can see. ☺️

34E47AB6 D848 48AE 9DB3 4969806E781A
B2CA805D 703F 4BE9 9C98 94FFBAEBF1A8
6A45B5CF A04F 4DB0 82B8 86438CE44DD8
Top Bottom