Nute Burn or Nute Lockout [Coco]

• Thread starter HighTolerance
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HighTolerance

Hey guys, I am growing in coco. Haven't had an issue like this before, on my third grow in coco, and much hasn't changed from before so may be I screwed up while I was mixing the nutes.

What does this look like to you, the burns on the side of the blade seem like it might be cal-mag def but the tip burns look like nute burn.

I am sure a good flush with a low dose of nutes will help solve the problem, but any input on the pictures would be appreciated.

Nute burn or nute lockout coco
Problem
S

SkyHi

the bottom picture is def nute burn, the first pic looks like cal/mg is locked out or insufficient. Coco leaches cal/mg from the nutrients so its recommended to add a cal/mg additive. My OG's do the same thing in coco without cal/mg but make sure your ph in coco is 5.6-5.8 for best uptake...check yur run off periodically so no access salts build up....hope that helps ya

R

Radio_Dread

what should he do in this case? flush with just plain ph'ed water? or flush with water and alil cal-mag or magical or whatever..im in a similiar situation so im tryin to figure out if it is just PH or cal def. my run off was around 5.

S

SkyHi

what should he do in this case? flush with just plain ph'ed water? or flush with water and alil cal-mag or magical or whatever..im in a similiar situation so im tryin to figure out if it is just PH or cal def. my run off was around 5.

I think it would depend on what nutes hes using, if hes already got plenty of cal/mg in his feed then i would flush with ph'd water to get it to unlock sort of speak, but if no cal/mg is present in the feed then i would mix up some ph's water with cal/mg ....So basically he needs to determine if its locked out or not present ....

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

I use fox farm and I used to have this problem as I switched over from veg. To flowering. I added magical to my feeding schedule and no more tip burn! cal/mag is best absorbed by plants at a PH of 6.55 so if your plants are phed lower as pretty much anyone who runs hydro does, plants tend to be defecient. I grow in pro-mix which is soil-less, and I ph all my water at 6.5. Seems to me the only thing my plants are complaining about is the fan blowing too much on them! I hate small spaces...lol

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

after looking at the pictures again, looks like you might just have mixed your nutes a little strong this last feeding. As the damage is only on the newest growth, it indicates that it was caused at the most recent feeding. I sugest a good flush of the medium followed by a half strenth feeding. After that you should be right back on track! The rest of the leaves look good and green!

R

Radio_Dread

yeah i have using magical for awhile now and love the stuff. never had a prob with a def like this ever until this run thats why i think its a PH prob for me. already from the first watering with 6.2 PH water the plants seems to be perkin up a bit.

N

newbiewitskillz

Def nute burn imo. plain water for the 2-3 feeds at least

justiceman

justiceman

Ya I am thinking it's a slight burn. Your idea of flushing with a light dose of nutes is probably your best bet to correct things.

How much cal mag have you been giving them each watering?

H

HighTolerance

Hey fellows, thanks everyone for their input.

Turns out the problem wasn't nutes at all. I did something silly while I was half asleep. I mixed greencure in tapwater and added some dutch master penetrator. I wasn't supposed to mix the greencure with penetrator, on top of that I did it in tapwater, so all the crap and chlorine got in my plants. Anyhow I didn't change my nute regimen at all and the plants have bounced back.

Top Bottom