Nute Lock Or Nute Deficient?

• Thread starter Hellno187
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hellno187

Hellno187

These ladies are 8 weeks into flower just about ready to hack and hang, then these discolorations show up on two of the three plants, top leaves only. All three have been in soil at 70-80 deg give or take, 28-40% RH (throughout the entire 8 weeks of flowering that's why the wide range), watered every other day and fed (Fox Farms Tiger Bloom) every other water. One plant with yellowing leaves, and the other with a dark purple/black necrotic color so probably two separate issues which makes me doubt nute lock. Kills me that the discolorations show up on the last week of flower, so what is the issue and what do you think would be a good plan of action?
Nute lock or nute deficient
Nute lock or nute deficient 2
Nute lock or nute deficient 3
Nute lock or nute deficient 4
Nute lock or nute deficient 5
Nute lock or nute deficient 6

Last edited:
Hellno187

Hellno187

How many weeks in? Some of those buds look damn near done to me.
Yeah that's what I was saying before their in the 8th week of flower and I want to hack and hang them this week. So I was hoping to try and correct the problem ASAP, I flushed last night.

hermit186

hermit186

If you adjust your chemistry on the next grow of these plants you could effect the color changes. That said your girls look about right for the time if they were grown unattended. The plant is using it's self to supplement what is not there in the nuts. The color is moving from the tips to the attachment points and is just how the plant dose it. The Nutrient burn tips is what I aim for just a little extra push but not killing the roots. More enzymes from week 2 to 5 would help you a good bit and will improve the color loss. In your case molasses (which I almost never recomand but is just what you need) your showing some trace elements and sulfur will help your finish the sugars will make the microbes in your media clean up the roots.
Your pictures show something that I learned from seamaiden and would have helped you is 6:1 cal-mag as a spray with a little soap and this is at least twice a week from veg thru to 3rd week of flower. It works and the plants stand pretty till the last 10 to 14 days when all look a little ruff.
Are the most effected white Strain or kush by any chance ???

Hellno187

Hellno187

If you adjust your chemistry on the next grow of these plants you could effect the color changes. That said your girls look about right for the time if they were grown unattended. The plant is using it's self to supplement what is not there in the nuts. The color is moving from the tips to the attachment points and is just how the plant dose it. The Nutrient burn tips is what I aim for just a little extra push but not killing the roots. More enzymes from week 2 to 5 would help you a good bit and will improve the color loss. In your case molasses (which I almost never recomand but is just what you need) your showing some trace elements and sulfur will help your finish the sugars will make the microbes in your media clean up the roots.
Your pictures show something that I learned from seamaiden and would have helped you is 6:1 cal-mag as a spray with a little soap and this is at least twice a week from veg thru to 3rd week of flower. It works and the plants stand pretty till the last 10 to 14 days when all look a little ruff.
Are the most effected white Strain or kush by any chance ???
I'm not sure the strains, the person who I got them from is kind of sketchy and owed me some money lol. Just to tell you how sketchy he insisted they were sativa, which unless they're a hybrid I don't think that's the case. But I got them when they were just babies and none turned out male, so I count my lucky stars on that one. So you think molasses would help? I've never used molasses, just how would I do that and how long does it take to react? Because as I said before I would like to hack and hang ASAP, not to be inpatient, I just believe they're ripe and good to go right now.

Hellno187

Hellno187

Your 1 week from chop. I would say relax and pat your self on the back nice job. Nothing you can do at this point is going to make a diff....... :D
That was my train of thought on the situation, but I wasn't sure if this issue would cause my buds to taste bad (no one wants funky tasting herb lol). So I was hoping for an idea that would cause enough of a change, or reverse the situation enough, to correct any funny taste that might or might not occur.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I would continue with your flush if you are doing one. Just dont get too crazy at this stage as you may have funky erb if you hit the girls with nutes to try to correct what looks to me a great looking plant in late fade....... IMO

Nice job BTW!!! :fire::smoking:

hermit186

hermit186

I'm not sure the strains, the person who I got them from is kind of sketchy and owed me some money lol. Just to tell you how sketchy he insisted they were sativa, which unless they're a hybrid I don't think that's the case. But I got them when they were just babies and none turned out male, so I count my lucky stars on that one. So you think molasses would help? I've never used molasses, just how would I do that and how long does it take to react? Because as I said before I would like to hack and hang ASAP, not to be inpatient, I just believe they're ripe and good to go right now.

OH sorry everything I was saying about chemistry and sugars is for the next grow. Flush them and cure and smoke.
Using a sweetener is simple search molasses and sugars got to be 100 posts on it here.
I am sure one of those showing the spots and C-- is a white strain. Using the spray for the Cal-Mag addition has worked very well for me.
Works even better after I figured how to get a 6:1 mixture. When they show any sign I spray every other day till the new growth is clean. I got it from seamaiden here and the white strains if your not right on top of them your chasing your tail.
I have said this and I cut every root ball to see what was happening in there your plants need to have some root dissolving enzymes added right after veg and once during flower the sugars feed them and they eat your dead roots which will give you much more control over what they look like at the end. I believe they taste better but can't prove it.
The search box here is very good and I believe that if it has been tried and written about; its here in the posts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom