Nute Questions/Feeding Schedule in 75 Gal UC RDWC Setup

• Thread starter workngrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
workngrow

workngrow

Hey folks, relatively new.

I have been looking at nutrient feeding schedules running cost comparison between Fox Farms, Advanced Nutrients, and Organic Roots.

By the numbers it seems like Organic is the cheapest but the feeding schedules as I have seen others post seem slightly confusing. They list 2-3 different feeding schedules so I am not sure what to base my calculations on exactly.

Theres a master feeding schedule, a 5ml feeding schedule,. Just not sure which of these applies appropriately to this system and there are wild swings. Each container I have is about 15 gallons maximum x 4 plant sites with 1 Res, which probably wont always be running at max capacity but theres a vast difference between some of these schedules using the same products.

These numbers are calculated as a total amount needed per their 12 week schedule.

An example for one is Buddha Grow:
120ml x 75gal for 9000ml which = 2.5 gallons for 109.15

or what they call Trinity Catalyst
155ml x 75 gal for 11,625ml = 3.07 gallons for 195.36.

These figures were for the 'master feeding schedule'.

The lesser one is a schedule of 5ml across the board, which is significantly less.

Are all of the products on all of these feeding charts really necessary, To throw in up to 15-20 different products total over the entire grow for each option on their schedule?

Is this 5ml schedule they have appropriate for growing in this system?

If not all of this is needed what should I be looking for exactly to produce the best available buds assuming everything is done right?

workngrow

workngrow

Disregard post, spent a bit more time looking at things. Botanicare or General Hydroponics looks a bit more realistic from a cost comparison standpoint. I know this method isn't particularly cheapest but getting used to some of these prices it gets kind of wild. Especially when we're talking about translating ml measurements to many many gallons.

Navigating the nutrient/fertilizer space almost seems like the most complex part of the process.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Was gonna say... I would stay away from organics in hydro. If you wanna cut costs go to dry ferts like jacks, mega crop or other.

workngrow

workngrow

Thanks @Aqua Man Ill check those out. Really just trying to make sense of what is actually needed and what isn't. Sifting hrough the BS. Each respective feeding schedule for each provider with all these extra options has. Seems like most people use whatever grow/bloom mix plus calmag and some form of silica/kelp based additive.

What else would you add on top of that which is impactful?

P.S. sorry for being a noob, just not a lot of available locations outside of forums like this to decompress all the information ive been piecing together to construct this grow plan.

workngrow

workngrow

Looks like I might go with Lotus and their line of products, maybe add a separate silica option.

Has anyone had any first hand experience with their product?

The organization on their site is fairly clean, they state exactly whats in the products and the price point doesn't seem to be too bad.

Thanks @Aqua Man for mentioning the powdered products, with the popularity of the liquid based concentrates it just didn't occur to me that there was good powder options out there. I'll get better as I get experience.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Jacks is tried tested and true, maybe silica additionally and call it a day... honestly don't get caught up in the scam 30 bottles of unicorn piss... I had great success with just mega crop 1 part V1. They don't make it anymore but you don't need to pay for the fancy names and claims on 50 bottles. A balanced nutrient is all that's needed and the only thing that will make a difference beyond that is PGRs, environment and experience.

workngrow

workngrow

Jacks is pretty awesome it looks like, they'll even test your water for a small fee and draw up your feeding schedule. This is about the best I have seen so far. Will definitely be talking to them. Thanks again for the sanity check. Investing quite a bit to make this successful, don't want to cut any corners but also don't want to overspend unnecessarily.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Jacks is pretty awesome it looks like, they'll even test your water for a small fee and draw up your feeding schedule. This is about the best I have seen so far. Will definitely be talking to them. Thanks again for the sanity check. Investing quite a bit to make this successful, don't want to cut any corners but also don't want to overspend unnecessarily.
You are absolutely right and no problem... there are plenty of options out there and some better than others but most work. The biggest difference is is the cost and selection for the media used

Top Bottom