Nutes & Biostimulants for Coco DTW System

• Thread starter WyattTerp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WyattTerp

I plan to try coco based drain to waste fertigation in late Jan. Currently I'm finishing the build of a 4x8 space with have AC Infinity controlled inline fans, oscillating fans, humidifiers and dual KS5000 LED's. I plan to run full Vantana Plant Science nutrient line including their FlaVUH amino polymer and colloidal silicon. I also want to add biostimulants but high frequency coco fertigation may eliminate mush of their value. When I exchanged email with Plagron a few weeks back they said it wouldn't hurt to give try biostimulants with their products but did questioned if it'd be worth the expense. Consistent foliar applications will likely be the most beneficial approach but I do hope to tank feed also. Do any of you have experience with the following products in coco based high frequency fertigation DTW systems? Did they add value?

BioAG Ful-Power
Growmore Seaweed Extract
Impello Lumina amino acids
Plant Revolution Orca & Myco Chum
SLF-100 enzymes
Therm X-70 Yucca

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I don't use any of those specific products, but one question to consider is whether you want to run anything organic in your reservoir. I add fulvic acid and microbes, but only via manual root drench...just to try to keep the res and lines clear of algae, slime, etc.

W

WyattTerp

I don't use any of those specific products, but one question to consider is whether you want to run anything organic in your reservoir. I add fulvic acid and microbes, but only via manual root drench...just to try to keep the res and lines clear of algae, slime, etc.

W

WyattTerp

I'm hoping the enzymes, surfactant, 100 mesh screens, a lateral flush valve and a daily nutrient batch helps with the buildup but you bring a good point so I'll be prepared to adjust quickly if needed. Your point also emphasizes the need to take advantage of foliar feeding. I might have a 5 week period where I can do weekly foliar sprays.

Dr.Dutch

Dr.Dutch

Bennis should be a way to keep the tank and lines clean.
The info you can get on cocoforcannabis.com already as a small hint. AN has already with its MO products and BudCandy (only sugar) very many organics/Bennis, which probably also work well on hydro.

For deeper info manicsbotanix.com was very good. Since then I've been testing some amino acids (full amino/peptide fertilizer and some mono acids), Fulvic, Kelp, sugars and MO products.
The site is unfortunately offline, but some things I have backed up.
Briefly about the slime
Nottokissmaybe

After a longer search I could also find a pure bacteria product, which according to the data sheet should also keep the lines clean

Biopoak

https://www.phc.eu/en/product/biopak/

Whether all this also works with my pump, drippers, etc. remains to be seen. Very that still as a theory, but actually covers itself from several sources.

Latest posts

Top Bottom