Nutes for Noobs

• Thread starter Kushion
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kushion

Fairly new to growing, this will be my second time . My first, was indoors, and I only used Big Bud fertilizer for about a month before I stopped and harvested. That yield was mediocre, lacked flavor, but was still considerably potent. Decided to try again this year and was wondering if there are any nutes I could be feeding before bloom? Also, any recommendations for nutes during bloom would be appreciated.
The plant is roughly 4 months, was indoor until weather cooperated. Has been supercropped at the base, and seems to enjoy lst. It is still potted but remains outdoors for now. Morning dew has her looking a bit sad, leaves are perky and rigid when dry.

Nutes for noobs
Nutes for noobs 2
Nutes for noobs 3
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Fairly new to growing, this will be my second time . My first, was indoors, and I only used Big Bud fertilizer for about a month before I stopped and harvested. That yield was mediocre, lacked flavor, but was still considerably potent. Decided to try again this year and was wondering if there are any nutes I could be feeding before bloom? Also, any recommendations for nutes during bloom would be appreciated.
The plant is roughly 4 months, was indoor until weather cooperated. Has been supercropped at the base, and seems to enjoy lst. It is still potted but remains outdoors for now. Morning dew has her looking a bit sad, leaves are perky and rigid when dry.
What type of growing medium are you using?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I use regular old 20-20-20 Jacks fertilizer during vegetative growth, and their blooming formula, which has a little less nitrogen and a little more P & K. Just use as directed, but if you are going to feed it every time you water it just use a 1/4 dose. I use a tblspoon/gallon when feeding every 12-15 days, but would use a half teaspoon if I was watering and feeding daily. It depends on your style of growing and watering, but don't go crazy with too much food. Plants don't grow like people, and overfeeding doesn't make them fat and sassy :)
Keep up the good work!!

K

Kushion

I use regular old 20-20-20 Jacks fertilizer during vegetative growth, and their blooming formula, which has a little less nitrogen and a little more P & K. Just use as directed, but if you are going to feed it every time you water it just use a 1/4 dose. I use a tblspoon/gallon when feeding every 12-15 days, but would use a half teaspoon if I was watering and feeding daily. It depends on your style of growing and watering, but don't go crazy with too much food. Plants don't grow like people, and overfeeding doesn't make them fat and sassy :)
Keep up the good work!!
I’m going to have to pick this up today! I’ll definitely take it slow and keep an eye on how the plant reacts. Thank you

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Fox farm ocean! Has the saltwater fish on the packaging. I propagate coral on the side and that’s half the reason I bought it 😝
Fox Farm products are usually sort of "hot" right out of the bag. It usually has enough nutrients for a month or two of growing without havin to add any additional fertilizers to it. It causes a lot of problems for newer growers as it is easy to overfertilize, which can look like a deficiency. I would recommend NOT feeding for a few weeks to see how it responds. One of my most frequent responses comes from newer growers using Fox Farm. It is a little advanced for the avg grower, but some strains are fine with it, others aren't. I would try some plain water feedings and see how things go. If the response is favorable, you might try a small dose if you think it is needed, but keep in mind that FFarms stuff is pre-loaded with nutrients and adding nutrients on top of the stuff already in it causes over feeding issues. Since things look pretty good, I'd just keep what you are doing but cut back the feedbag for a little while and see how she responds.

Top Bottom