caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I had a lower limb break and die on one my trees today :(

it got too heavy I guess

Others I have tied up (supported) now.
Kinda Funny cause I was tieing them down...now I am tiring them up :/

Are there certain nutes that will give em stronger branches?

Thanks Guys!

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I had a lower limb break and die on one my trees today :(

Others I have tied up (supported) now.
Kinda Funny cause I was tieing them down...now I am tiring them up :/

Are there certain nutes that will give em stronger branches?

Thanks Guys!

im pretty sure its pro-tek silica addititive that peeps use fir plant limb strength. i was gonna run that nxt round and c if it helps. did u lose that spilt plant limb on the other thread u had?

confu...

also i notice when i supercrop stems get alot stronger and i do this when i tie up and train aswell.

T

treehugger

If your cultivar is too leggy, you need to be proactive throughout veg an early bloom with daily aerobics for each and every branch, to cultivate strong and productive stems. It's very labor intensive when done correctly, but the ROI is substantial.

C

cymbaline

potassium silicate will help give the branches the strength and durability you want.
It comes in various names, pro-tekt as mentioned above is one brand. Rhino Skin is another brand. Liquid sand is yet another name but they pretty much all do the same thing. Provide the plant with silicate. If you are doing a organic soil mix, I like horsetail.
It also helps if you keep a fan moving across the ladies as it helps make the branches stronger. I feel doing both to your ladies prevents some un-intentional breaks.
Even still, some strains will still need some support.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
did u lose that spilt plant limb on the other thread u had?

confu...

No. That one is still fine.
I lost a big lower branch one one of my sour tsunami trees

alot like this one

149654d1306556152t-wanna-see-my-trees-lowerbranch.jpg.att

on this plant

148090d1305766345t-wanna-see-my-trees-st_a.jpg.att

That lower limb probably should have been removed a month ago anyway...

Thanks for the Info guys.
..I will ask for some potassium silicate at the grow supply store tomorrow.

M

MIway

BTW... you could spackle KSi to the branches & it won't help enough... you need some supports bro! Looks like you were going to net her anyway...?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
in dirt you should not have to add silica really - sometime shit just needs to get staked and tied up

but honestly I would have trimmed that branch off long ago - buts thats just me - I like to see some leg

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
thanks again

Thanks ML and Motherlode. I know that you folks here know your stuff. and I know that there are many ways to fry an egg.

I wanted her to go el-natural :)

Yeah...I have read about trimming the lower branches...but I just have a hard time cutting what seems to be a perfectly good branch...(unless im cloning of course)..

I guess I should have caged her....But it seems like the cage would get in my way

Its not to late to put some hog wire around her?

This is a learning process for sure.

Im glad you folks are here to help me.

But I still don't know what Im gonna decide yet

Stakes and string? Or a cage? Netting?

Tokenblack

Tokenblack

I second that!!! you kinda feel like an idiot at first "bend" but after the first week of your ladies daily bending exercise you'll notice that your branches are rocking in firmness and can hold much more weight. In addition to bending your branches and flooding the weaker parts of your plants with Potassium and Silica you should cast over your plants with a net or any network of caging....!!!

"Become one with Mana around you young Padawan...."

N

noone88

I've tried it all, from silicas to more wind movement. The only guarantee way to prevent branches from falling over and possibly breaking is to cage the plant. Use a tomato cage or concrete wiring. You can get a good 4-5 foot tomato cage at casa depot for $4.

half baked

half baked

we just use bamboo to hold each arm up, no cage so you can get around the plant whenever, well i do it for indoor growing and weve defo noticed the difference in the buds, they are more fuller in my opinion, its win win plus cheap and reusable, and no cage to get in the way of watering and pruning, shit even training, we do however pinch each arm so it heals stronger thus helping too

hb

Latest posts

Top Bottom