Nutes outdoors. What do you use? How often?and how much?.

• Thread starter Kfos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kfos

Kfos

I'm doing a 80 plant grow give have 1000L of fertilizer 2 times a week. I use one part flora nova + kool bloom. Should I be watering every second day or twice a week sufficient?

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Hows the soil? You in pots or in the ground? Im in the ground with a nice sandy soil/promix HP mixture in a clay hole in the ground and give . Im no pro and not used to growing that many plants but I would guess that twice a week is plenty. Sounds like youre in pots, Im running about 10 in the ground and those get watered 200 gallons (~800L) every week when its really hot with no rain. Also question, do you give nutrients every watering?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
About more grow info and we can help.
Are they in pots?
In ground ?
Strain?
Region?
And what media did you start with?
All factors in as to how much one should be using, soil fertility tests? Slurry EC tests will determine ppm available , I check in hole, bottom sides and around random spots around the Feilds. So lots of questions and we can get you there.
Iā€™ve got 55k outside this year but in promix in pots and feed daily water 2x daily. Our soil tested with pesticides so we are above ground with a base offsetting content, the soil is basically junk here for legal grows

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

I think itā€™s my dream to finish my degree and then set it aside for a while and start up a legal recreational grow. Iā€™m still young so might as well try now before going to join the rat race job force

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I think itā€™s my dream to finish my degree and then set it aside for a while and start up a legal recreational grow. Iā€™m still young so might as well try now before going to join the rat race job force
Indeed we need ppl with the background in horticulture to take this industry to the next levels! I wish u the best in this endeavor

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Indeed we need ppl with the background in horticulture to take this industry to the next levels! I wish u the best in this endeavor

Iā€™m a young man with a lot of big dreams so we will see if thatā€™s the one I fulfil. But thank you, pictures like that keep me motivated

Kfos

Kfos

Hows the soil? You in pots or in the ground? Im in the ground with a nice sandy soil/promix HP mixture in a clay hole in the ground and give . Im no pro and not used to growing that many plants but I would guess that twice a week is plenty. Sounds like youre in pots, Im running about 10 in the ground and those get watered 200 gallons (~800L) every week when its really hot with no rain. Also question, do you give nutrients every watering?

I have 80 in the ground hash berry and tangerine dream. Soil is amazing. Slurry test came back 6.3 . Started off in promix and transplanted into soil. I water 2 times a week with nutes. We have had a good rain once a week here in southern Ontario. So not worried about nutrient build up. So far I have added nutes to every watering

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

I have 80 in the ground hash berry and tangerine dream. Soil is amazing. Slurry test came back 6.3 . Started off in promix and transplanted into soil. I water 2 times a week with nutes. We have had a good rain once a week here in southern Ontario. So not worried about nutrient build up. So far I have added nutes to every watering

Iā€™m in Ontario as well. For my plants (8) I water nutes once a week, other than last week because we got so much rain. Due to all the rain we are getting I actually went and bought some slow release granular fertilizer from home hardware, fishbone meal and other mixture which I donā€™t know the name off the top of my head (it had the nutrients I was looking for in it and slow release so it was exactly what I needed).

I used a little bit of both fertiliZers to top dress the soil and thatā€™s helped get nutes to my plants when it rains. I have always done half strength nutes and still give nutes in the water once a week. Then depending on how much rain we get Iā€™ll water with pHed water another time during the week.

Iā€™m usually filling up two 55 gallon barrels when I water.

Itā€™s nice that your soil sits at that pH. Iā€™m right on the niagara escarpment and thereā€™s lots of clay and limestone so whenever I have done a slurry pH test of the soil I put my plants in it always comes out at 7.3ish. Plants donā€™t seem to mind it though so I have been telling myself I should recalibrate my pH meter but never have gotten around to it and havenā€™t had any issues.

Kfos

Kfos

IMO... more food.

So have upped my fertilizer output. Now doing 1200 L flora nova. 2 ml/L 3 times a week and just water once week. Going to be adding 250 ml cool bloomstarting this week. Do you think this plus cool bloom could be sufficient. It's an in ground outdoor grow.

Average

Average

Depends on you goals and how deep your pockets are. I have only used full lines of General Organics, Botanicare, Age Old, and Gromore. The 10k sqft house I posted we used $100k of nutes per turn. Full food in every watering. Totally worth it if weight is the goal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom