Nutes With Happy Frog?

• Thread starter THCdurk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
THCdurk

THCdurk

Hey, just started growing and I have two plants in FF happy frog. And its an indoor CFL grow. 4 lights. A friend of mine said it wouldn't be good to add any nutes to the plants. Would it be too much nutrients(dyna-gro foliage pro) for my plants? And is that an okay soil? Plants seem to be doing fine but wanna hear some other suggestions on soils or anything else let me know. Thank you ahead of time. Any pointers, or tips would help.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

How big of a pot are you growing in?
When I played with FF I amended the soil.
It's been a while, but I believe I used the 2 gallons of soil per foot of plant growth at end of flower.
If you have them in anything under a 5 Gallon pot, most likely in 30 days of being in it, will need nutrients.
How much? That's where your research comes in.
I would start with a 1/4 strength of nutrients of feed, water, water, feed.
See how that goes. Adjust as necessary.
Good luck.

THCdurk

THCdurk

I was thinking about the 1/4 strength too, thanks. And I believe the pot I have I it in rn is only 2 gal. But going to upgrade her tommarow to a 5 gal. What soil do you use?

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I'm in ff happy frog, roughly 30 days in I started with 1/4 strength dynagro, worked well for me. 1 part perlite to two parts happy frog for drainage and aeration but I've recently bumped it up to 50 50 mix with my new stuff. I use the pro tekt as well and add beneficials and kelp during my regular waterings. 7 weeks in my plants roots have filled the entire 5 gallons and requires a transplant. I also add some earthworm castings to the soil. About 1/2 cup per 5 gallon mix is what I used but I'm no pro just Sharing my experience.

THCdurk

THCdurk

@ArcticOrange wanna post a pic? And I started using nutes I'm also using dyna gro foliage but don't have protekt I wanna pic some up tho. I wanna see how plants grow with the dyna gro nutes. Thanks man. I was gonna switch my soil to 40 FF happy frog 40 FF ocean forest and 20 perlite. But that's for next run when I pop my pink grapefruit auto. And blue auto.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

For sure don't mind the messed up leaves on the lowest set, I tried to push them almost to the point of death before I transplanted to see if I could save them with the right blend of bennies and some love but here they are.

20150926 080404
20150926 080350
THCdurk

THCdurk

Lookin good man. So I got a problem one of my plants looked as if someone tried to rip it out of the ground it was pissed to one side some of the roots broken. But there's new growth on it like it was still growing because it started to grow up towards the light. I helped it stick up with some ties do you think it'll repair the roots and be fine?

One Flip

One Flip

I usually start all my friends out on Ocean Forest with FF nutes. Ocean isn't that hot so I start feeding after two weeks. I will have them mix anywhere from 12 to 20 oz of tiger bloom per 65 gallon rez. And then double the OZ of Organic Big Bloom. So 12/24 ... 16/32 .. ect. Tiger Bloom without big bloom will lower the PH. But when doubled seems to always keep it in a good range. I usually keep the PPM's between 700 - 840. A little less when first starting. And I feed every watering with one fresh water ever 2 - 3 weeks depending on what the plant looks like.. I love FF products. They are reasonably priced and give really good results.

Last edited:
RudyClosGrow

RudyClosGrow

Hey, just started growing and I have two plants in FF happy frog. And its an indoor CFL grow. 4 lights. A friend of mine said it wouldn't be good to add any nutes to the plants. Would it be too much nutrients(dyna-gro foliage pro) for my plants? And is that an okay soil? Plants seem to be doing fine but wanna hear some other suggestions on soils or anything else let me know. Thank you ahead of time. Any pointers, or tips would help.
I'm disappointed in FF happyfrog mix for putting so many rocks in their potting soil. Please let them know this is getting to be a big problem with the quality control. I sifted 1/3 of 5 gal bucket of HF and just look at all the rocks.

PIC756 rocky soil 12 4 16
Top Bottom