Nutes with low salt

• Thread starter drunknbass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
drunknbass

drunknbass

Im on my first grow with waterfarms running xnutrients micro and grow, and I have crazy salt buildups. I'm guessing it's from the grow since the little bit around the bottle lid looks like my pots.

What are some good nutes that wont leave such high amount of deposits on my pots? I think if I keep using this stuff I'd need a clearex flush every week.

Honestly other than the salt buildup my plants are doing great.

sog1313

sog1313

what are your ppms like? any fert made from metal salts as yours are is going to leave some residue on the medium. its not necessarily harmful and if your plants are doing OK i wouldnt worry about it. if you can rinse off the offending media without disturbing the plants it couldnt hurt tho. if you are really worried switch to organics

drunknbass

drunknbass

what are your ppms like? any fert made from metal salts as yours are is going to leave some residue on the medium. its not necessarily harmful and if your plants are doing OK i wouldnt worry about it. if you can rinse off the offending media without disturbing the plants it couldnt hurt tho. if you are really worried switch to organics

Ppm vary from 600-1000 and the salt residue is there throughout the entire range.
Im more concerned with the excessive amount and clogging up my equipment, the plants seem ok other than the lower growth getting snowed up.
I figured it was because I was using "cheap" nutes.
I have been flushing with distilled water once a week and let it run for an hour each time before putting water(w/ nutes) back in. Doesn't really help. I have clearex but is flushing with this weekly ok or normal?

Latest posts

Top Bottom