nutes

• Thread starter bfox19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bfox19

ok guys, i have only grown once and it was a dwc grow. I am now using soil i water with nutes every sunday by Wednesday they are dry should i give nutes then or just ph water? should i only use nutes once a week?

J

johndeere

Every other watering would keep them from burning.The plants can only eat so much, the leftovers become a liability, and can manifest in several different , nasty ways.

hiboy

hiboy

I would nute, then water twice then renute
ph stays the same
hiboy

O

organicfreak

you can flush every so often and test the ppm in the runoff if its high give wate rlow feed...

S

smokestack23

SO many variables. You mean SOIL soil? Does the "soil" already have nutes in it?

A good way to think about it is...imagine that your nutes were ..say..food coloring and your medium is..ummm....white rockwool or something white. So...you take your base nutes (red, blue, and yellow) and mix them with some water at a certain ratio that gives you , say..a purplish-greenish solution. You then water your white medium with this solution and the medium takes on the color of the solution.
Now imagine how many times you would have to flush the medium to make it white again. Probably a LOT!

BUT...your plants probably wont consume all 3 parts (colors) at the same rate so if you didn't flush, the medium would probably start going from that original color to...more blue-ish or whatever..pretend that the plants are "eating" more of the red and yellow. Now you add more of the original solution. Now the medium turns brown because of the blend of base colors being "different".

So...with soil just remember that
1. it will hold a lot of nutes.
2. you don't know what's been used and what hasn't
3. if it's "soil" it'll already have a bunch of organic nutes in it

and..remember when growing these plants that
1. less is more
2. less is more
3. less is more!

Using an EC or PPM meter is a good idea. If you don't have one (get one) I'd start by just feeding once every 10 days or even 14 and if and when they show deficiencies, turn it up a bit. Always easier to add than to take away..ESPECIALLY in soil.

Hope that helps.
PEACE.

Top Bottom