Nutradip Tri-Meter: The new batch?

• Thread starter brownstormy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brownstormy

brownstormy

Hey everyone.

I think i've settled on upgrading to the Nutradip Tri-Meter (by FHD, not one of the many clones).

My issue is I want to be sure I'm getting the most recent incarnation and not one that's been sitting on the shelf for a few years or just one of the remaining old(er) models.

I found this image on their site of what seems to be the new packaging.. It touts some improvements and I know they've had some other issues with some older batches..

trimeter_large.jpg

Can someone please confirm that this *IS* indeed the packaging for the most recent model? Seen it in a store or something?
I want to be sure I can look for that in the stores and that it's more than a marketing image.

Has anyone picked up one of these new incarnations?
I am interested to know if anyone is having issues with these and their digi ballasts.
Any opinions and/or observations would be appreciated!
Thanks!!

brownstormy

brownstormy

They all cost the same. Around $200. Which is why I want to be sure I get the most recent (and hopefully most refined) incarnation of the device for my buck.
Any hydro store owners or workers care to chime in?
Pretty please?

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
Yes that is the new one. I just got one the other day and they now work like a charm.

S

SSHZ

I just got one for $189 from EBAY. Opened it up, sent it back the next day for inspection/repair/replacement. It wouldn't hold a reading- and when I add pH down, the reading went up! I replaced my old unit, but it's a different unit now. They are cheaper, lighter, more plastic, no on/off switch, etc. Made in Canada. I'm still waiting for it to be returned to try it again.........

jammie

jammie

the meter looks exactly like my 4 yr old one. the package is different. i only use it 4 months a yr, but it has always worked fine as long as its cleaned and recalibrated every coupla months and stored with the probe in its cap with solution to keep it wet.

brownstormy

brownstormy

Thanks Kak ;)
So that is the packaging I will have to look out for then..

I just got one for $189 from EBAY. Opened it up, sent it back the next day for inspection/repair/replacement. It wouldn't hold a reading- and when I add pH down, the reading went up! I replaced my old unit, but it's a different unit now. They are cheaper, lighter, more plastic, no on/off switch, etc. Made in Canada. I'm still waiting for it to be returned to try it again.........

Was your unit in the packaging I posted in my original post? Or was it the old packaging that looks like this:

716310.jpg

I'm guessing it was an old one.. And since it was on ebay for that cheap, perhaps has been laying about for a long time...
This is why i'm being so anal about making sure to get the most recent release.

Thanks all!
Keep the info coming! Would still like to hear some experiences with this unit and the digi ballasts.

M

mrbong73

One difference between the old and new units is the Nutrient reading has four digits on the new ones and three on the old.
I have an older one that works great.
cheers.

brownstormy

brownstormy

One difference between the old and new units is the Nutrient reading has four digits on the new ones and three on the old.
I have an older one that works great.
cheers.

Yup! The other differences important to me is that the new units are water resistant and all the probes and power are detachable. They also say they have a new and improved 2yr warranty but I don't know what it was on the old units.

Right now, I'm waiting for the manufacturer to confirm the PPM conversion for the unit.. I've seen some people say it's .5 and others say it's .7 .
The store told me the packaging says .5 so either it's changed or some clone tri-meter users are under the erroneous impression of them having "the" nutradip tri-meter when reporting the .7 conversion factor.

edit: is there a "better" or "easier" conversion factor amongst the two?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
.5 is easier to figure out in your head

otherwise you go to the calculator and multiply your reading by .7

S

SSHZ

My new one, the one that has problems, is the brand new one which is in the first box- same box as you have pictured. I had my old one for over 5 years, no problems at all. The new items are MUCH lighter than the old ones, doesn't seem as solid a unit as before. Some of the old probes were removable, but not all like this new one.

brownstormy

brownstormy

Dang. I was hoping issues were ironed out on the new ones and not introduced ;) Sorry to hear of your woes..
These days, lighter doesn't necessarily mean worse but your experience will make me cautious.

However, in my area the diff between the nutradip and the bluelab tri-meters is over $100 bones so I will just suck it up and give the nutradip a go.

And god bless this forum because I almost got me the PPM version instead of the EC version.
Not enough people seem to be aware that all the PPM meters actually just measure the EC and do a rough and somewhat approximate conversion to PPM.
I've voting with my bucks and I vote EC for the solution monitoring standard ;)
All I wanna know is who's coming with me?? Who's coming man?? ;)

My new one, the one that has problems, is the brand new one which is in the first box- same box as you have pictured. I had my old one for over 5 years, no problems at all. The new items are MUCH lighter than the old ones, doesn't seem as solid a unit as before. Some of the old probes were removable, but not all like this new one.

brownstormy

brownstormy

btw. SSHZ, which version of the new nutradip did you have? EC or PPM and F or C?

Top Bottom