Nutramist Ultrasonic Fogger

• Thread starter Big V
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Big V

Big V

Ok I aquired a nutramist ultrasonic fogger model 10 yesterday and I am not sure what to do with it. I know it is an aeroponic system. Is there anyone here that has any I dea on how to set up an aeroponic garden?

I have a little experience with DWC but this is a whole diffrent game it seems.

R

Rural_GrowOp

Basically you want to set it up just like you would an aero cloner. Get a big tote or rubbermaid storage container and cut holes in the top for your net pots. Fill the lower part of the container with your nutrient solution. The nutrient solution should be gravity fed into the fogger. Then run the output hose of the fogger into the container above the nutrient level. This is how I would do it. Turn it on and watch what it does. Should fill the upper level of the container with a nutrient "fog". Post some more info once you've got it up and running I'd like to know how it worked out for you.

J

Jalisco Kid

First you research then you build/buy. I love the dry fog but I have yet to see a fogger last. I think you would need a case of discs to go along with that. I do have to say it has been over a year since I researched into those so maybe now they will last. JK

Big V

Big V

Basically you want to set it up just like you would an aero cloner. Get a big tote or rubbermaid storage container and cut holes in the top for your net pots. Fill the lower part of the container with your nutrient solution. The nutrient solution should be gravity fed into the fogger. Then run the output hose of the fogger into the container above the nutrient level. This is how I would do it. Turn it on and watch what it does. Should fill the upper level of the container with a nutrient "fog". Post some more info once you've got it up and running I'd like to know how it worked out for you.

Thanks Rural GrowOp, I kinda thought thats how it worked so I already have a few 18 gal rubbermaid tote DWC's. I could just hook into the already existing unity and find a way to split the fog stream into 4 containers.

First you research then you build/buy. I love the dry fog but I have yet to see a fogger last. I think you would need a case of discs to go along with that. I do have to say it has been over a year since I researched into those so maybe now they will last. JK

Well actually the guy at my hydro shop gave it too me. He got it for a demo and isn't running the demo anylonger so he just gave it to me. When you say "Discs" are you refering to the Tefflon Head Unit?

F

FastForward

Discs - he means the ultrasonic discs - they're only a couple of pounds/dollars.....they last around 2000 hours.

re: the fogger - cut a hole in a box and feed the fogger into it. Think aeroponic cloner but full term/size....only using fog instead of droplets. The major benefit is having an external res and minimal runoff/drainage. I lust after one of those things...enjoy :)

Big V

Big V

Discs - he means the ultrasonic discs - they're only a couple of pounds/dollars.....they last around 2000 hours.

re: the fogger - cut a hole in a box and feed the fogger into it. Think aeroponic cloner but full term/size....only using fog instead of droplets. The major benefit is having an external res and minimal runoff/drainage. I lust after one of those things...enjoy :)

I am looking at some youtube videos on it today... I want to get this thing crankin within a few weeks

Big V

Big V

Ok, today I think I have a strong grasp on this fogger and how to use it... now I just need to decide what type of planter I will use and where the hell I am going to put it for the test run...

N

NOOB2DIS

These foggers have always peaked my curiosity, I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Good luck and keep well.

B

boxmunch9

I love the fogger idea, the roots are in a magical misty heaven. It just seems sooo crazy touchy for any extra weight you get. I would love to see you have a go i just hope you have a couple backs up plants just in case. good luck holmes

J

Jalisco Kid

FF I do not know of anyone get them kind of hours off those disc. Nutes tear them up,they need to be reworked. The idea is solid,but not the discs. JK

Top Bottom