Nutrient and mosquito bits- gnats help

• Thread starter Phoenix911
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phoenix911

Phoenix911

Hello,

Going to order some mosquito bits to soak In water and drench my coco to deal with a slight gnat issue.
My question is can my mosquito bits mix have my usual nutrients added to it when watering to ensure my plants don’t break their nutrient feeding cycle??
Any help would be appreciate.

Thanks

plantlover84

plantlover84

Hey! So I'm no expert on this, I personally do not use mosquito bits but I know how they work. So most mosquito bits active ingredient is a biological larvicide, being the species Bacillus thuringiensis subspecies israelensis. This is basically a bacteria that eats the larvae of mosquitos and fungus gnats. I would not think that this bacteria would interfere with fertilizer, nor would it damage your plant to mix them both. The worst case I could see is the fertilizer damages the bacteria, but your plant will be totally fine.

Are you growing indoors or outdoors? If indoors, you should check out Katchy. It's on amazon- I can post a link if needed. I swear by this thing! it uses UV light to attract mosquitos and fungus gnats, works soooo well. I have 2 in my 1000 square foot apartment and have 200+ plants fungus-gnat free.

Phoenix911

Phoenix911

O thank you!

I am growing indoors and have just started growing this year so a complete newb.

I have sticky pads for the adults which arrived today!! Mosquito bits arriving tomorrow.

im not sure where to definitely find out that mixing nutrients with my mosquito bit mix will be ok on my plants. Just a little worried as it’s my first grow and has just started second week of flower.

Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom