Nutrient burn, light burn or possible lock out week 5 flower?

• Thread starter StalkerAF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StalkerAF

StalkerAF

Not to worried about it, I more want to figure out what's going on for the next grow. Thanks for any help!

Burning tips ends and edges browning. Yellowing of leaves, canoeing and curling.

Organic lush soil feeding with roots organics dry amendments in 7gal mostly following what recommended feeding on the bag. I go one less tsp or so than required when top dressing.

Currently watering bi weekly 1gal at 6-6.5 ph tap water. Have not sampled soil ph level yet, will do tomorrow.

650watt light 31” high ppfd around 650-700

58 humidity 82f temp, lights off temps 73f

Sealed room 1000 ppm co2 enriched

Good air circulation

Nutrient burn light burn or possible lock out week 5 flower
Nutrient burn light burn or possible lock out week 5 flower 2
Nutrient burn light burn or possible lock out week 5 flower 3
Nutrient burn light burn or possible lock out week 5 flower 4
Nutrient burn light burn or possible lock out week 5 flower 5
budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

i see some heat stress followed by some light burn

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

i see some heat stress followed by some light burn
Thanks. Not able to reduce the temperature unless I dim the light which probably should do coming up later flower. currently dim at 60% range and do have option to rise light 8” higher

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

honestly with you running co2 your ppfd might could be higher ,with the co2 involved i would wait until someone chimes in that uses co2 because that changes the game a little bit

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

Honestly I’ve experienced with higher ppfd on other plants and have had negative reactions. Light is an hlg 650r and seems to like to around the 30” mark when above 40% power.

I have learned when the plants reach this stage especially using co2, they get more hungry and thirsty.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Dunk your bag in about 200ppm solution let stand until it's soaked up all it can.
Then remove and let it drain. It's important that you tip the bag 45 deg so the water runs away and does not sit in the bag bottom. Now it's important that you top water to the point of run off. At lest 25% of the pot volume. This washes all old solution from the pot and feeds the plant new solution.
No big deal just use a watering can and water until your threw. Water will run in the top and out the bottom.

The burned tips and leaf sides are caused buy not enough top watering! Salts build up in pot burn the plant.
You can catch this with an E.C meter it your paying attention. If you calculate for 200 ppm, then do the above. Your plant rill grow nicely for you.

As your plant is well into flower. It's best to calculate around 200ppm N. Keeping the P and K values around 100 for flower cycle.

I like to hit my plants with 200ppm potassium one time about week 4 of flower then back to the Phosphorus.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Dunk your bag in about 200ppm solution let stand until it's soaked up all it can.
Then remove and let it drain. It's important that you tip the bag 45 deg so the water runs away and does not sit in the bag bottom. Now it's important that you top water to the point of run off. At lest 25% of the pot volume. This washes all old solution from the pot and feeds the plant new solution.
No big deal just use a watering can and water until your threw. Water will run in the top and out the bottom.

The burned tips and leaf sides are caused buy not enough top watering! Salts build up in pot burn the plant.
You can catch this with an E.C meter it your paying attention. If you calculate for 200 ppm, then do the above. Your plant rill grow nicely for you.

As your plant is well into flower. It's best to calculate around 200ppm N. Keeping the P and K values around 100 for flower cycle.

I like to hit my plants with 200ppm potassium one time about week 4 of flower then back to the Phosphorus.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

jdog22

jdog22

hey dude i think you have light damage starting. move your light up another 10' download protone and you want the top of the colas sitting around 1300. my 600w hps light hits 2500+ at 30'

as the plant gets later into flower it doesnt need as much light which is why your seeing the damage only now.
i have pictures of this happening to me.
the aftermath gets nasty.

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

I have not measured the ppm levels due to top dressing feeding and didn’t know or realize that was needed when using organic fertilizer? I’ll look into this subject further but not positive it’s nutrient burn going on.

I do agree with what you said about not watering enough so I’m going to 3 times a week instead of two using 3/4-1 gallon at a time. I’m also using slf-100 to help breakdown enzyme build up.

Thanks for the input

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

hey dude i think you have light damage starting. move your light up another 10' download protone and you want the top of the colas sitting around 1300. my 600w hps light hits 2500+ at 30'

as the plant gets later into flower it doesnt need as much light which is why your seeing the damage only now.
i have pictures of this happening to me.
the aftermath gets nasty.
I think the had some to do with it so got it up to 33” now. Thanks

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

I have not measured the ppm levels due to top dressing feeding and didn’t know or realize that was needed when using organic fertilizer? I’ll look into this subject further but not positive it’s nutrient burn going on.

I do agree with what you said about not watering enough so I’m going to 3 times a week instead of two using 3/4-1 gallon at a time. I’m also using slf-100 to help breakdown enzyme build up.

Thanks for the input
Also I did a soil slurry test and found the ph levels are 6.5. I’ve been watering with 6-6.4 ph levels so seems pretty decent and don’t thinks lock out is an issue.

Top Bottom