Nutrient Burn or Light Stress?

• Thread starter Thumbob3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thumbob3

Hello! I recently moved my small plants from my cloner to my freshly built RDWC system. A few days have gone by on my 18/6 veg cycle and I'm noticing a little browning at the tips of my plants, including the new growth parts. I'm wanting to correct it before it gets any worse. I'm in a 4x8 tent using 2x SE7000 lights on power 6/10. Temps are staying around 80f in the daytime with humidity around 35%. I have a commercial humidifier arriving tomorrow that will solve my humidity problem (currently using 2 small ones that just can't keep up).

Here are the nutrients that I added so far:
Approx 70 gal of RO water:
150ml calmag
190ml floramicro
175ml floragro
175ml armor SI

Slowly getting the PH dialed in. It is right around 6. 400-450ppm.

Any advice is very much appreciated. Thank you!!

Nutrient burn or light stress
Nutrient burn or light stress 2
Nutrient burn or light stress 3
ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Small plants + way too much light + low humidity = super high transpiration = nute burn. I'd cut the light in half, get the humidity up, and give them a chance to recover.

breedwheel

breedwheel

Looks like too much light is main problem to me and the rH doesn't help. Why no florabloom in your mix? Curious

breedwheel

breedwheel

I don't have any florabloom yet. I do have a bottle of fox farm big bloom. That's just much the same thing right? Just fox farms instead of general hydroponics?
Big bloom is Fox Farms Micronutrients. You are missing the 0-5-4 from the florabloom. Are you using the GH feeding chart? Your ppm's are good to me. I have used GH Trio for a long time and have had my best success following the feeding chart. If those were mine I would raise the light or turn it down and change my reservoir to get my npk straight. Maybe too much nitrogen

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom