Nutrient Burn

• Thread starter charliebabb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
charliebabb

charliebabb

Hi all, 14 days ago i transplanted 6 purple punch x jungle cake clones from an aeroponic cloner. After planting, i watered them in with a solution no more than .3 EC, and have watered them with the same conductivity since. My plants are showing signs of nutrient burn and i have curling leaf tips, even though i only have been giving .3 EC. Any thoughts?

-Plants are in one gallon pots
-Water every two days for the first week, now every day

Light: 600 watts Fluorescent

Nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora Series
4 ml/g cal mag
1 ml/g micro
.5 ml/g gro
.5 ml/g bloom
2 ml/g diamond nectar

PH: 6

I have also sprayed Floralicous @ 1.5 ml/g twice. Once last week and once yesterday. At lights out.

Nutrient burn
Nutrient burn 2
Nutrient burn 3
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

What's your medium? Also I see white dots, check to eliminate the possibility of bugs

charliebabb

charliebabb

What's your medium? Also I see white dots, check to eliminate the possibility of bugs

I am in coco coir. I have been spraying once a week with a combo of azamax, neem, nuke em, and soap, alternating products every week. I think those white dots are burn from my spray, even though i spray at lights out.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I am in coco coir. I have been spraying once a week with a combo of azamax, neem, nuke em, and soap, alternating products every week. I think those white dots are burn from my spray, even though i spray at lights out.
those dots looks kind of like thrips to me, but I could be wrong? I'm not quite clear on this, are you spraying because you have thrip?

Regarding coco; Serafina is definitely the person to talk to, good luck!

Seraphine

Seraphine

Here’s my recommendation:

Reduce Calimagic to 2.5ml per gallon and remove the diamond nectar and floralicious for now. Stick with the base nutrients and once your new growth is normal and nutrient burn stops, add the supplements back in, if you want. I think they are overkill but that’s my opinion.

ph of 6 is good. I would shoot for a different pH each time, keep it between 5.8 and 6.2.

Feed until you see run off and make sure you clean up the run off ASAP. I use a shop vac.

charliebabb

charliebabb

Sounds like a plan. I will do and report back. Thank you very much for the help, it is much appreciated.

charliebabb

charliebabb

Turns out i may have a small infestation of thrips. At a closer look, im finding an occasional leaf that looks like the one pictured. Any recommendations? Just a basic foliar application of spinosad? Soil Drench?

IMG 0026
charliebabb

charliebabb

those dots looks kind of like thrips to me, but I could be wrong? I'm not quite clear on this, are you spraying because you have thrip?

Regarding coco; Serafina is definitely the person to talk to, good luck!
I have been spraying just an IPM program.

Seraphine

Seraphine

How you seen bug? First, make sure you actually have bugs. They’ll be on the underside of the leaves. May need a scope.

charliebabb

charliebabb

How you seen bug? First, make sure you actually have bugs. They’ll be on the underside of the leaves. May need a scope.
I havent scoped them, need to get one. But theres clearly visible eaten parts of leaves. I will get a scope soon

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

From spraying these products at the recommended strengths?
heck ya man to much is to much,once a month be ideal but you sound like your going at it pretty often,one thing that help a bunch is rinsing the soap off then reaply it with your oils.
i dont use soap ,i found that just as you use on your own body the soap builds up,that would have a effect on your photo i think,might be wrong,but when you mentioned all the ipm's your using ,sure sent the bulb off for me

charliebabb

charliebabb

I see. That’s probably causing the holes. Do you have thrips or do just spray as a preventative?
I have been spraying all of these as a preventative. I had broad mites in the same room on the last grow i did. So i disinfected the room and now am spraying weekly to be safe. I have never seen thrips. These holes are just raising alarms, and since BeachWalker brought up thrips, it got me thinking it could be them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom