nutrient change out?

• Thread starter gimp73
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gimp73

gimp73

I am going to drain and refill with nutrients. My plants have stopped feeding and the ppm's have raised but my ph is still stable. The plants just started to get the claw but just started so it is very minor and I do not have any tip burn and every one it still praying at a 45 deg if not more so they look very good just need fix it before anything goes bad.
I am using cs. Should I just drain and refill with lower ppm's or should I run 5mil per gal of roots like it says on the bottle for 12 hours then drain and refill?

N

NWElite89

If the ppms rasied, its usually a good sign that the nutrient strength is a little high for the ladies taste. You might be able to get away with just adding plain water to drop the PPMs a little bit before your next "schedule" nutrient change out. I have done that when my ppms jumped up about 50ppm and it seems to work. Although sometimes, I have run the nutrient strength high and have to drain and refill the whole thing before and it sucks to do so because not only are you using more of your time, but the cost of using more nutes. My system is about 50 gallons so I usually add about 5 gallon in this case and check to see where the PPMS are after 10 minutes or so and adjust if necessary

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

I'd say just dilute the solution by 25% by adding back water.

This should get you back to where you need to be without necessitating a wasteful change out.

gimp73

gimp73

Well normally by now I would have done a change out but everything has been going so good I have just been doing add backs and letting it ride to see how it goes. I did a 3 week veg and have been in flower for 29 days with no Change outs from the start. I already have a full batch mixeded up and ready to go. I just want to know what is best. In the past I have always just drained and refilled but would it be better to run 5ml per gal of uc roots for 12 hours or so then drain and refill or just drain it and refill?

Top Bottom